Mainstream Media

I do think that is why they put some of the Trumpista’s on their network. I imagine they think if people hear them talk they will see how crazy they are.

The big problem is just that they don’t straight up say, “Jesus, you are fucking lying and terrible.”

Cuomo has actually done this a little bit though, which is kind of interesting to watch. He was not nearly hard enough on Steve King though.

I have seen someone on one of CNN’s panel shows say that to another person on the panel, but I have never seen a CNN host do it.

Yes, and without that, it just makes them seem more acceptable, more a part of mainstream discourse.

But hey, Anderson Cooper rolled his eyes at Kellyanne Conway once, so it’s all good.

If you beat Steve King to death with a shovel it wouldn’t be hitting him hard enough.

Gottdamn right.

Dig your way out of the shit with a gold magic shovel!

https://i.imgur.com/0AXlBTh.gif

Yep, this makes sense.

A stunning win that brings new ideas and blood into the Dem party being spun as a negative.

What’s that you say? Dems in disarray? Print it!

Or as we call it in America: Thursday.

Editor-in-Chief: This smells like drama to me!
Writer: I dunno, chief, it’s really just people who either think the win is fine or great. Nobody is actually worried about it or anything.
EIC: There ya go, kid, they disagree. Here’s your headline: DEMS IN DISARRAY! LEADERSHIP VACUUM SPELLS DOOM FOR MID-TERMS!

What the fuck.

Jake Tapper joins the fun. (Notice how often Republicans get asked, “has the party moved too far to the right?” Oh, wait, no that never happens.)

Obligatory: Yet another shitty NYT opinion piece (not linking because screw giving them any hits, google it if you want to read the whole inane thing):
Trump’s Purple Family Values

Baffling as it may be to elites, Mr. Trump embodies a real if imperfect model of family values

To be fair, they also don’t get asked whether the sky is blue. :) I think it’s a given among anyone who isn’t a Trump supporter that the GOP hasn’t just moved too far to the right, it’s jumped the rails.

-Tom

From today’s WaPo, your regular dose of Democrats in Disarray!!!1111111

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-bad-week-for-democrats-gives-rise-to-a-big-problem-outrage-could-become-an-obstacle-in-midterms/2018/07/01/98e31da0-7d40-11e8-bb6b-c1cb691f1402_story.html?utm_term=.c3d34447da23

What’s remarkable about it is its banality. It contains no novel information. no insight, no news. It’s an exercise in fill-in-the-blanks. You can just hear the editor telling the reporter, “OK, it’s time for a Dems in Disarray article again. You know the drill, round up the usual suspects.”

But what makes it a classic of its lazy and complacent kind is the opening sentence:

Growing liberal agitation over a pivotal Supreme Court retirement and a simmering crisis about immigrant child separation have left Democratic leaders scrambling to keep the political outrage they’d counted on to fuel midterm election wins from becoming a liability for the party.

Whatever happens must, the template dictates, be bad for the future of the Democratic party. Therefore: outrage in the base at the opposition party must somehow be a bad thing.

Meanwhile, the editor is just counting off the days until he can run the traditional companion piece about the GOP: “Expert GOP Strategists Ponder Their Party’s Big Advantage: Highly Motivated Base.”

But no one can accuse the NYT of being lazy and complacent - not when their clickbait–oriented editorial page is hard at work aggressively normalizing Trump.

Haven’t read the article (because clickbait) but I imagine it runs along the lines of, “Real Americans are tired of being by elites that they need to be ‘good’ and ‘decent.’ Being a fucking asshole is a time-honored American tradition.”

I love the image preview so much. “All this anger at the GOP and boy is it dividing the…” next to a picture of a woman holding a sign saying, “Children don’t belong in cages”.

That’s so angry! And divisive! Look at her, dividing her party. She should be more civil.

The articles should all just say, “You are all right to be mad, this is totally fucked up, please please please vote to end this fucking madness”.

dis_array = [“Nancy_Pelosi”, “Corey_Booker”, “Elizabeth_Warren”, “Adam_Schiff”, “Charles_Schumer”, “Tim_Kaine”, “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez”]