Mainstream Media

Oh damn, Rick Wilson is on msnbc right now.

I must’ve missed it. I went to live audio and it was Maddow.

The NY Daily News for tomorrow:

Primer for MSM on how to cover trump

Op-ed in WaPo by a former trump regime official now teaching at Hillsdale College (the college that received a carve out in the tax fraud bill) arguing the 14th amendment doesn’t allow for naturalized citizenship.

(For the twitternati, the rest of thread details why that entire op-ed is trash and should never have been published.)

But we gotta give this guy a forum on the WaPo to speak! Both sides!

How has the media not learned their lesson yet? They (rightfully) protest and point in horror to what’s going on, then happily enable it to continue through providing platforms, normalization, etc.

They have. This makes money. The end.

The court stenographer makes sure no attempt to defend the indefensible goes unheard:

“While administration officials concede that the quantities of two and two do indeed comprise the arithmetical sum of four, they suggest that upon closer scrutiny that second two might in fact be an errant three. Or maybe a five written funny. If you squint you can totally see it.”

Perfect.

If the Dems take control in 2018 and blow this thing open, I would not be in the least bit surprised to see some dirt on Haberman in one form or the other.

I’m new to this Maggie Magaman business, but I am looking at that article. The beginning, yeah she’s not hitting hard on Trump. At the very end of it it says bad stuff about Trump thought:

"In Britain, Mr. Trump gave an interview to a British tabloid, The Sun, as a favor to its proprietor, Rupert Murdoch. Speaking on the eve of his meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May, he praised Mrs. May’s political nemesis, Boris Johnson, and condemned how she had handled the process of separating Britain from the European Union.

Mr. Trump appeared not to understand how explosive his words were until after he spoke to the newspaper. He was contrite when he saw Mrs. May, several people who witnessed their exchanges said. He had not planned to cause damage, but had done so, and it was hard to unwind it.

Now, Mr. Trump’s aides fear the worst is still to come. If the past is any guide, they said privately, Mr. Trump will spend the coming days digesting the continuing fallout from his encounter with Mr. Putin, and he will look for someone other than himself to blame."

“spend the coming days digesting the fallout”? Does that sound like Donald Trump to anyone? Give me a break. We can already see what he did: backpedal, then backpedal from the backpedal.

It’s MAGA Haberman. Get it right. :P

Just read Haberman with the understanding that Jared and Ivanka get final approval on her copy. She’s allowed to be critical of Trump if a) the criticism still manages to normalize him, and b) the criticism distracts from whatever the most serious scandal of the day is.

I normally, don’t comment on newspaper blogs. But that piece of shit editorial, had me say. "To think that I once considered donating money to Hillsdale, but if this example of crazy folks Hillsdale hires I’m so glad I didn’t.

To be fair, Hillsdale free online constitution course was very interesting and not particularly partisan.

Whaddayaknow.

Terrorist attacks committed by Muslim extremists receive 357% more US press coverage than those committed by non-Muslims, according to new research from the University of Alabama. The researchers controlled for factors like target type, number of fatalities, and whether or not the perpetrators were arrested before reaching their final statistic.

Terrorist attacks committed by non-Muslims (or where the religion was unknown) received an average of 15 headlines, while those committed by Muslim extremists received 105 headlines.

The findings, which are illustrated below, were based on all terrorist attacks in the US between 2006 and 2015 according to the Global Terrorism Database. The disparity in media coverage is particularly out of sync with the reality given that white and rightwing terrorists carried out nearly twice as many terrorist attacks as Muslim extremists between 2008 and 2016.

This helps me understand, thank you. I assume it was easy for other reporters to see how they always pal around.

Yeah but Obama wouldn’t say “radical Islamic terrorism” because he hates America.

I also remember when he cancelled the elections. Man, that was a tough few years of armed revolution to throw that bum out (and take yer damned healthcare with ya!).

Want to read lots of really stupid responses to this that also received a ton of upvotes?
Probably not.

But if anyone is in a morose mood and need even more reason to despair for our species, then the r/ science thread on this article will fit the bill nicely.