Mainstream Media

Sadly they still don’t have power since the last hurricane.

I may have made this point once or twice. You take these findings along with @triggercut company’s research showing that bashing Trump is fine for suburban voters, but not productive for rural voters. Rural votes just want a candidate that will protect Medicare and Social Security.

It seems to me that a back to sanity campaign is really what is needed. A bit of Trump bashing, but more a pledge to end the chaos and the madness. Even among my Republican friends there was a grudging agreement that “No Drama Obama” was the case. So in that respect, temperamentally Joe is is a pretty good candidate. Now, I think Pete is even more pre-naturally calm, than Obama. Temperamentally, both Booker and Amy are very good. Senator Warren always struck me as being very angry, with a strong desire to fix everything. Candidate Warren is much calmer.

That leaves, Sanders, Castro, Harris, and O’Rourke. Sanders is the worse always coming across as angry old man who wants to create chaos, and at times so do the others.

Ah… You mean something like a Rally to Restore Sanity? Seems like someone already tried that a few years ago and things have still gotten exponentially worse since then…

This isn’t really mainstream, but I had no idea where to put this.

Look at the folks in this list though.

If you destroy this building, you will solve a lot of America’s problems.

Huh. I kinda like Randy Rainbow; his anti-trump musical comedy sketches are at the very least clever and cute (and, for what it’s worth, they’re the only things of his I’ve ever seen; a friend is obsessed and shares each new one). No idea why he’s opting to share the stage with this lot. Franken should eb smarter than this, too.

Randy Rainbow is funny.

But sacrifices must be made.

I want to see Franken roast the lot of them, and then have his picture taken for $10 air-grabbing everybody’s boobs.

Oh, for sure. It’s a massive net gain for society. There are other sassy comedy singers out there. We’ll manage.

Woah. That is a real political losers club. It’s like the Dancing With the Stars of politics or like a convention full of past hosts of Family Feud. It is hard to believe this is for real.

CNN is nearly as contemptible as Fox.

How many months before he’s a regular NYTimes OpEd columnist?

An Aussie reporter attends a Trump News Conference

I joined as the president was explaining at length how powerful the concrete was. Very powerful, it turns out. It was unlike any wall ever built, incorporating the most advanced “concrete technology”. It was so exceptional that would-be wall-builders from three unnamed countries had visited to learn from it.

In writing about this not-especially-important or unusual press conference I’ve run into what US reporters must encounter every day. I’ve edited skittering, half-finished sentences to present them in some kind of consequential order and repeated remarks that made little sense.

In most circumstances, presenting information in as intelligible a form as possible is what we are trained for. But the shock I felt hearing half an hour of unfiltered meanderings from the president of the United States made me wonder whether the editing does our readers a disservice.

They’d better give that guy the hook before someone hears him saying the emperor has no clothes.

Narrator: it does.

Faced with major news, the Old Gray Lady immediately leaps to take the pulse of ordinary voters. To find out what 300 million Americans are thinking they bravely ventured out and … interviewed a bunch of people they’ve interviewed before.

It turns out that people who have been to over 20 Trump rallies don’t support impeachment, so the Dems better not overstep their bounds!!!1

I hope people are calling these journalists propagandists out directly, and not just replies on socmedia.

I know I’ve been repeating the Fuck the New York Times mantra for years now, but honestly part of me is just sad. What happened to that newspaper?

Funny thing, the initial tweet from Sabrina Tabernise has been deleted. It’s almost like when you call out the lie, they get rid of it.

Is it mostly their editorial content that sucks or did you lose faith in their actual news content too? Who is the best source of reliable news coverage these days, The Washington Post?