Mario Galaxy 2

I don’t know, but the last perfect 10 at IGN was Metal Gear Solid 4.

This game is just absolutely brilliant.

Outside of how creative and perfectly executed all the level design is, my mind boggles at the massive technicalities behind developing brand new systems and algorithms for every single one of these 2-3 new ideas for each level that might not be re-used any other time throughout the game.

Simply amazing.

Fry’s has it for $39.99. And Best Buy will price match if there is a Fry’s in your area.

10/10 from EDGE, too.
I think their last 10 was Mario Galaxy.

How is girlfriend mode? That’s really my main consideration in buying this. Will a non-gamer be amused by whatever the co-stars do?

It can at least make some feel useful, but it’s not particularly engaging. Beats the hell out of Divorce Mode in NSMB Wii, though.

I played the hell out of the first Mario Galaxy, and at this point it’s become pretty clear that I’m going to play the hell out of the second. Constant interesting ideas mix with pitch-perfect platforming to create yet another game that, like all the Nintendo classics, is pure joy to play.

Never change Mario.

My son is getting this for his birthday so I won’t be able to play until next week. Really looking forward to it, though. The boys are still playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii despite beating it multiple times.

Just started playing and I’m up to 7 stars so far. Level design so far is amazing and I love how the mechanics of each galaxy really could stand on their own as a complete set of levels or a world such as the flip switch galaxy.

I loved Crack in Time and played it all the way through. Can’t say the same about Galaxy 1. I’m still not sure whether part 2 is different enough from part 1 that I may end up enjoying it a lot more.

I just opened up the game and discovered that it’s much heavier than most games.

Hurray, I thought. “Must be a thick game manual”. That was a confusing thought though. Why would you need a thick game manual for Mario Galaxy 2? I turns out it’s because everything in it is repeated three times. English, French, Spanish.

I’m split on whether I should play this without first finishing the first one. I think I have about 80 something stars in the first one, but I never actually rescued Princess Peach. At the very least I should rescue Princess Peach before moving to the sequel.

Why?

Because it was the only semblance of a story that Mario Galaxy 1 had. You have to go rescue the princess. Obviously, if there’s a twist and she dies (or if it turns out I was the monster who was trying to abduct her in the first place), I’ll want to know that before I play the sequel.

The sequel really doesn’t have much of a story to speak of. It’s a collection of awesome platforming levels with the barest minimum of narrative context to justify it.

Actually, I thought Mario Galaxy 1 had a pretty cool story. Did you guys read Rosalina’s story?

The ending to the original SMG is extremely trippy. Highly recommended you finish it :-P

I just finished. Wow, that was pretty trippy. It kind of reminded me of the last episode of Lost in a couple of ways.

The credits are rolling right now. I can’t believe that the music was done by the Mario Galaxy Orchestra. How cool is that? Orchestra music was so great in this game btw.

Okay, onto Mario Galaxy 2! (Well, after the credits stop rolling).

Lets discuss all Super Mario game storylines in vivid detail:

Princess Peach Toadstool is kidnapped by Bowser, King of the Koppas!
Are you a bad enough plumber by the name of Mario to rescue the Princess?

Dude! Spoiler tag? Geez.