Marvel 1943 Rise of Hydra: here's a link to the story trailer and tech demo without any additional info or comment

Looks cool.

Don’t buy the typical marketing ‘real-time’, ‘in-engine’, ‘we don’t cheat’ bullshit though.

“Colin can you show the editor…:”

I’m no Unreal expert, but isn’t this just a timeline sequencing a bunch of pre-rendered video clips, as opposed to a real-time rendered scene comprised of a bunch of key-framed animations. added voice, effects, etc? Like, it’s not so much 'running in Unreal Engine", as it is Unreal Engine being used as a glorified video player.

Give me those video clips and I’ll put it into Windows Movie Maker and it will…look the same?

Amy Henning! I’m in.

2025? We’ll see.

Panther guy must have had terrible timing on that right hand blow to get blocked like that. Was he attacking with his elbow?

I believe that what you’re looking at is the sequencer, which functions similarly to a video editor, but it’s not working with pre-rendered clips. It’s working with scenes that are being rendered in real time (i.e. you can actually go into the scenes and move the camera around and stuff).

I may be mistaken, as I’m also not an unreal expert, but I believe that’s what you’re seeing. I would agree that if they’re just showing pre-rendered scenes, then it kind of fails as a tech demo.

I love the era and the possible story options. I want to fight Nazi’s and Hydra.

I hope Cap vs Black Panther is a very small part of the overall arc.