Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

Ok, after seeing the posts on how to disable the launcher, and reading about the mechanics, I got this. And…I like it. Quite a bit. Only done the first real mission after the tutorials, but not being a Marvel enthusiast, and having nearly zero knowledge of any of these characters (other than maybe the bad Spiderman cartoon and that Black Sabbath song off of Paranoid), I actually find the dialog and voices pretty cool. It’s fun. It’s got a nice balance of dark and light, sort of like that Netflix show Wednesday, which I also love. This isn’t quite as stylish but it looks pretty enough, and the tone is spot on. For me at least, not having anything to compare it to having seen exactly zero of the superhero movies.

I like the combat mechanics. They are pretty crunchy, and the card system seems well designed. I do wish there was a photomode more like in, say, Cyberpunk 2077 or the Assassin’s Creed games, but other than that it’s wicked cool.

What sold me though was Charlie. I mean, as a dog person, seeing the reunion with a faithful pooch who spent three freakikn’ centuries pining for Daddy…well, melts the heart it does! Erm, well, ok, it’s a hellhound, but still.