Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

I’m stuck forever unable to progress because my saves don’t seem to take. I’m stuck having completed the helicopter mission 4 times. Stupid game.

At first I was like; Deadpool meh more swords’ but then I was all meh it’s just a red Blade after watching the video. He didn’t really use the swords because Guns! except once on an attack that just looks like Blade’s make um bleed one reskinned. So I guess its still only 3( or 4 w/ Deadpool) sword wielding heroes? I don’t remember this many swords in the comics but maybe it’s just me. Hopefully he at least makes me laugh because I am over all these swords :)

PC gamers, don’t use DLSS 3 on Nvidia cards (looks like we had some posts about this upthread…):

False if you are doing the Abbey stuff.

In order to get the 3rd and 4th Word of Power, you do need to progress in the Story Missions to get Dr. Strange to enable you to get past a Ward.

You will also get to a point where you can’t do side missions and need to do the Story Missions - there just won’t be any side missions left.

I also learned the hard way that when the side missions are limited AND you need to do a side mission to unlock a story mission, if you have sent the mandatory hero for that side mission (Blade, in my case) on a Hero Op, you can get stuck and cannot progress AT ALL and need to reload a save and send a different hero on that Hero Op (I really got bit by this, as I sent Blade on his Hero Op, then went and did my Training, and even did the single hero Training in limbo portal before I went to the War Table and found I was stuck. I couldn’t even go to sleep because it was daytime - there was no way to do a mission and progress to night to get Blade back as the mandatory hero on the single War Table mission available.

So, pro-tip - before doing any Hero Ops, check the War Table to see which Hero(es) you may need for your daily mission.

As far as I am aware there are always side missions to do. Sure, you have to check the other tabs occasionally but there should always be multiple options.

Aye, that was my thought as well - a second area opens up, and usually there is only side missions in one of them.

I really liked the game, though it has very little replay appeal at least right now. I was chatting about it with my wife and she picked it up and also really likes it. Neither of us knows jack about comic book stuff, either. I did read an issue of Midnight Suns on the Marvel app and it was…pretty good? I like the wonkier mystical stuff a lot more than the bitten by radioactive spiders/zapped by gamma rays/kidnapped by aliens stuff I guess.

As an aside, I also really loved the Netflix show Warrior Nun, also based on a comic, and was bummed when it was canned after two seasons. I went to see if I could find the comics…and um, no, not at hundreds of bucks per, and no digital versions that I could see of the originals. Heh.

3 Hour demo:

So I’m pretty early in the game and am just now starting to read the earlier parts of this topic slowly to avoid spoilers.

But I had a tactical question: As I understand it, enemy difficult scales to your heroes’ power, right? So doing a bunch of side missions outside of the story missions might unlock some more interesting capabilities and cards, but isn’t really going to “better prepare” the team for story missions, right?

Right, in terms of level scaling, but the fact you’re getting coils and artifacts and intel briefs from those side missions and unlocking new/additional cards and having the resources to upgrade/mod them gets you ahead of the power curve. At least for your preferred heroes you’re using on those missions.

I went ahead and bumped it to heroic 1 right around finishing the New York missions. You basically get more Gloss, but the higher HP and Damage from enemies means you need to really take advantage of everything you have.

It felt that at a constant difficulty level, it just got easier as you moved along. Especially once you can start getting some synergies. So you need to gradually increase difficulty to maintain challenge.

This currently on sale on the Xbox marketplace for around $40. Should I pick it up or wait for deeper discount?

Thats a philosophical question to me - If you pay 40 dollars, you give more money to the developers, increasing the chance of this being a thing that we get more of. If you wait, and pay less, thus signalling to the publishers that you find the game to be worth less than 40 dollars, the chances may lower.

You could approach it as a pure money saving exercise as well though - Do you feel you have 40 dollars that can be safely used on entertainment? If so, this is a worthy subject of those money based purely on time/value for money.

In short, I don’t think anyone can tell you - but most people here enjoy the game.

I paid full price and no regrets.

Realistically, the game’s done pretty well from what I’ve seen, so I wouldn’t expect it to drop a ton lower than $39.99 on the Xbox anytime soon.

Thanks, I picked it up. Will try it out later.

Well, I was wrong about the success… Maybe now that it’s QT3’s runner-up for best game of 2022.

Bummer, because I like it so much better than the recent XCOMs.

I still recommend it. :)

That was why I wrote what I wrote - One should perhaps pay high price for the things one values, in order to keep getting more of it, and its like.