Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

Did your opponent insta quit?

I have come around to the idea that Green Goblin> Hobgoblin. More than once someone has immediately retreated when I play him. Being able to grab Bar Sinister or Space Throne on turn 3 guaranteed win? Powerful. Its also really great for messing with Atlantis too.

The only downside is how common effing Silver Surfer is. That can make this play much less powerful.

Still grabbing nothing beats the sheer hilarity of filling an entire lane of my opponents with the little green guy.

Ambivalent about the Death variant I got for my free thank you.

Also got Attuma from a Collector’s Reserve, but I don’t really know what kind of deck he’d fit in. Any ideas?

Attuma I like as a 4 drop prior to playing Prof X on a lane. Also works in a destroyer deck where you are setting up an Armor lane.

I got a nice Cloak variant.

But move decks don’t seem great in the current meta, so I likely don’t use right now.

Oh I do like that!

My fav cloak variant I got and a move deck that still works pretty well

Also Attuma is decent behind Invisible Woman as well from what I have heard

I’m really starting to wish I had Daredevil. He seems really useful in so many styles of decks. At this point I’m passing on everything in the token shop in hopes that he shows up.

As a Wong Winner, I saw what my dude was trying for and ran a harsh denial.

It was hilarious how fast this opponent dipped out.

Dropping Cosmo on a Bucky lane, or Green Goblin in a restricted lane, are great ways to induce immediate quits.

This is objectively Not A Good Deck but it’s hilarious for 1 cube wins from times like using Iceman, Yondu, Scorpion and Green Goblin during the first half. Had a rage quit when I dropped Iceman on Bar Sinister for shits and giggles. Even Leech has done a “oh hell no” retreat.

I’m also messing around with Drac/Hela Discard, Patriot, Negative and Invisible Woman/Wong/Zero/Zola decks, but any “oh damn, you can build…” reactions based on my current pool 3 pulls?

No one told me that Agatha steals all the boosters.

NO ONE TOLD ME THAT AGATHA STEALS ALL THE BOOSTERS.

Looks like Agatha told you.

It would have been nice to know before I saved up to buy it! I can’t think of any other cards that have meta-effects like that.

I got to 70 with two weeks to go, feeling pretty good about making it to Infinite this season. This is what I was running for the last couple of days with a lot of success (from around 60 to 70):

The ideal gameplan here is to be winning two lanes at the end of round 4, play leech on round 5 and be winning at least one lane and losing another by at most 3. Then Leader just wins, unlike the typical Leader experience where they just play a card with an ability that works on their board but not yours (Destroyer, Sera, Silver Surfer).

It does depend on having the board space for Leader + the copied cards though, which is why there’s a lot of cards with big numbers and not really a lot of synergistic abilities. It’s also pretty heavy on the cheap cards; you can’t really afford to skip round 2 or 3.

This is totally opposite from how I’ve preferred to play the game so far, which was to be behind for most of the game and then get a surprise turn 6 wombo combo.

Pretty much everything except Leech, Aero and Leader could be subbed out. Shang-Chi is there mostly due to the +5 power featured location, once that cycles out I’ll probably swap it out for a 4 cost with more stats. (Thinking Jessica Jones right now). I’d love to have a Maximus instead of Captain America. You might wonder why Thor is in there if card density is an issue; it’s mostly since I can throw the Mjolnir on the lane I intend to lose.

And if you don’t draw either Leech or Leader, Aero can usually fill in for either. It’s a card I’d heard was great, bought from the token shop immediately when entering pool 3 (it was the first card I saw in the shop, IIRC), and could never make work. In retrospect it’s obvious that the ability to mess up the opponent’s plan is way more valuable when you’re winning and just need to prevent the other guy from catching up :-P

I’m on 62 with pretty much a Pool 2 Kazoo Deck, might try and make it to higher levels, although I find the cubes hunt to be lots of work for little reward, but I guess rewards are not the point.

Three days later DD was in the token shop for me this morning! Hooray!

Also just got Sera from a collectors reserve, don’t have anything specific in mind for her yet but she seems to have a lot of utility so I’ll look around for good ideas for her.

Miracle Sera is the most usual, fewer 5 - 6 drops, a bunch of 2, 3 or 4 drops, last turn you drop as many relatively powerful cards as you can instead of the usual 6 cost powerhouse?

Winter event info:

Ugh I have had the worst fucking luck the last day. was at rank 92 pushing for Infinite and everything that could go wrong has, all the way to 80.

And it wasn’t like I had change deck or anything. At one point I had 3 games in a row where I played Leech turn 5, correctly calling my opponent had Silver Surfer play. And 3 games in a row they draw surfer turn 6. Meaning I made the right call but 3 games in a row they drew the card instead of not drawing it, or having in hand.

WTF.

also I really hate Surfer.