Marvel's Luke Cage - Netflix

Set photos already being distributed:

Kinda figuring on March/April for release but we’ll see.

— Alan

I thought we were going to see DD season 2 first, right?

Oh, possibly. The exact timeliness of the titles is not really known at the moment. Plus they hadn’t originally planned on a second season for DD, so the assumption is that Luke is still next on the original intended schedule.

— Alan

I figured they would go through all 4 before starting again.

Weird that they’re using the same actor who plays the bartender in Jessica Jones.

Huh? Have you watched JJ yet?

spoiler

The bartender is Luke Cage.

That’s the joke.

I’ll be happy as long as they keep that stupid silver band off of his head.

They are definitely not; Daredevil s2 for sure will air before the 4th series premiere and the Defenders. Sounded like Jessica Jones s2 was on the cusp of going either way (before or after The Defenders).

— Alan

Daredevil season two started filming already, before Luke Cage. I suppose it’s possible Luke Cage could still air next, but DD 2 definitely won’t be post-Defenders.

That’s what I mean. They already had a 30-second teaser a few months ago. Question is when–I can see them splitting them up in spring and summer, then doing show #4 (Iron First or Punisher or whatever) after that in the late fall.

— Alan

Last I heard, the creative team and particularly actors for Iron Fist were still up in the air, and the show as a whole was proving hard to nail down and get right within the universe. I almost wonder if one or more of the previously unplanned S2s will take IF’s role in the pre-Defenders lineup (or if he might get replaced altogether by a secondary character’s show, like the Punisher show everyone’s so amped for already).

The last real talk about Luke Cage is that it was rough going getting the story down and perhaps The Punisher would be a replacement, but there have been little rumors that suggest things going either way. I guess we’ll still see, but there’s still more than enough time.

— Alan

Here’s a Punisher that would fit right into the world they are building, I think.

Iron Fist you mean? Yeah, I heard the rumor too that Punisher (who’s in DD season 2) would take Iron Fist’s spot with his own series, though there were also denials. So who knows?

Right, Iron Fist. Sigh.

— Alan

Iron Fist is much more fun than the Punisher. At least he’s got an actual superpower.

There are too many “ordinary people doing highly trained martial arts stuff” posing as superheroes. I like my superheroes to have something super about them. A few extraordinary-ordinary folks are fine, but there are too many of the damn things littering the place these days.

Well of everyone proposed for The Defenders, Frank Castle is the most normal of them all.

— Alan

I’m going to watch the shit out of this.

The trailer dump for this, Defenders, and Iron Fist is just too much. I’m too pumped to go to bed now!!!