Mass Effect 3

What is the most fun class to play as in Mass Effect 2/3?

I think I just did boring gun guy with ammo of ice and fire or something. Hopefully something that can make all those waist high cover arenas more enjoyable.

Vanguard, infiltrator or biotic.

Sentinel. Being a cool walking Tank is much more fun then any other class. Being able to set off all sorts of explosions because you have all the abilities.

The rest are mostly boring, especially the Vanguard.

Reddit disagrees with Legowarrior

ME2: Personally I feel there is no way to make ME2’s combat fun. YMMV. But whatever you do, don’t play Soldier or Adept. Soldier is just shooting an assault rifle in slo-mo, and Adept is just plinking things with a pistol because they made all biotics garbage.

ME3: Vanguard. But Adept is actually okay again.

I don’t remember any of these names. What was Vanguard again? What powers do you use? In Mass Effect 1, I was the tech class, whatever that was, so I think in the rest of the trilogy I kept picking the tech class. I think my power was to lower shields or armor or something? I can’t remember anymore. You guys have really good memories.

Yeah, but that’s Reddit. Have you seen the people on Reddit?

Vanguard is about charging enemies with a bionic attack. It also recovers your shield.

Infiltrator can cloak.

Adept is full of bionic abilities.

Sentinel can put up an extra shield that can boost their abilities, but slows down their cool down. Plus they can set of their shield in an explosion that knocks enemies down.

Engineer is turrets and drones

Soldier is weapons.

Thanks! I think Sentinel sounds the closest to what I played. I probably played a Sentinel in all 3 games.

Sure.

But in this case they are actually right.

You say that, but I find the statement the Reddit might be right highly suspect.

I have got a couple hundred hours into the ME 3 MP, and I can safely tell you, from experience, that Sentinels are awesome, and Vanguards are… Just an excuse to set off migraines or seizures.

They are a one trick pony. You charge in, roll out and charge in again. If you are lucky, someone sets you up for a bionic explosion.

With the sentinel, you have a wide array of abilities, and can set up a wide array of different explosions.

In the single player, its a bit worse, because you want to use cover, and be tactical, but the Vanguard disregards all that in favor of just charging in.

In any case, I am not the only person in this thread with a preference for the Sentinel. I just wish I could have played the Paladin N7 version before the MP shut down. Having that actual shield looked so cool.

Vanguard is shotgun and biotic charge. I found it great fun.

It never got old. You’d think it would get old.

I prefer to just set up chains, because that was where the coolest mechanics were.

You had overload to take out shields, warp to set of the chain and start a new one, and then you could even throw the target.

Or, you could go all in on the tech armor and just tank everything!

And of course, Tech Armor looks cool.

Tech Armor!

How can you not love that. You use Tech Armor offensively, defensively, or not at all.

I cheesed Insanity back in the day by funneling every enemy through hallways

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-22-it-turns-out-9-out-of-10-mass-effect-players-were-paragon

This actually makes me want to go back and play Renegade through the whole trilogy even more. 92% of the people who played the games chose Paragon.

If you play your cards right, you can maximize both Paragon and Renegade points. “I do whatever the fuck it takes to get the job done, and in my spare time I help old ladies cross the road.”

I didn’t even make it through the first game on Paragon. Played through the whole series twice as Renegade. Way more fun.