Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Fortunately the PB’s banter and the constant narration of the mission by everyone involved was enough to help me forget about that by the time the video was over, lol. Pretty much everything about the game that was shown in the video rubbed the wrong way, from spongy enemies (that was Normal difficulty), flat combat with next to no feedback, poor use of colors for the interface, uninspired level design but above all, the inane writing. I hope this mission is an outlier and that the rest of the game is more on the level.

Been waffling on this game, but that video finally did my hype in. It’ll need some seriously good reviews to get my money.

It’s pretty amazing. If they had just popped out some stills and not shown much gameplay, I’d think, “Man, maybe this Mass Effect will be good and I’ll like it?” I’d probably buy it out of curiosity. But the more they show, the less I think I’ll enjoy the game.

Edit:

A still doesn’t do it justice:

Summary

https://abload.de/img/watygkdw.gif

Edit: can you hide/spoiler a gif?

Edit: You can! Just gotta add a line before the summary (thanks Profanicus)

You can spoiler the link but I don’t think it will cause the image to load then. Testing:

Yeah I tried that. Well #@*! it, I’m leaving it up. I’m abandoning this thread for the Horizon something something thread where I can finally lose my battle with not buying a PS4.

It’s like the best part of the CGI uncanny valley got combined with wooden puppets.

If best was defined as remarkably creepy and yet confusingly attractive. I can’t stop looking.

Summary

https://abload.de/img/watygkdw.gif

@Nihm Think you meant to do this…the link has to go between the detail tags

Now picture that .gif with Ryder not wearing any clothes.

I was going to cancel my pre-order, but now I am in.

What am I doing wrong then? In the preview pane to the right, my post looks just like your post. Once posted, the gif isn’t hidden. I have:

A still doesn’t do it justice:
[\details=Summary]https://abload.de/img/watygkdw.gif[/details]

Is there an escape character for this forum software? Anways, ignore the backslash after the bracket.

Try adding a blank line after “A still doesn’t do it justice:”, before the hidden bit.

Bingo!

Why are they racing other Milky Way galaxy races to the doodad? Aren’t they supposed to be the first?

I hate how “comic-book” narratives always have the bad guys waiting on the other side of the lost door our intrepid heros just spent an adventure trying to find and open.

Finally got to watch the IGN video last night - while the mission definitely had a very by-the-numbers roteness to it, it also had that Mass Effect “feel” to it. I’d rather see some demonstration of the open world aspects, opportunities to explore, that’s what attracts me. But I definitely didn’t see anything that turned me off.

Same reaction to the video here.

I’m still thinking of activating my EA Access membership code that I bought a few months ago. I was saving it for when I actually had time to play EA games before activating it for a second year. But this would be a good use of EA Access.

Oh man, I forgot about EA Access. You get to play the game a week early right? But just the first ten hours?

Almost a week early. 5 days early. You can play the 10 hour trial starting on March 16. The game releases on March 21.

Hm, have to think about whether I need EA Access enough to just get in on ME early. It’s funny, I was so fired up for ME3 - I remember @Editer hooked me up with the demo before it was released publically - and I’ll probably cave, knowing me. A good spacefaring adventure would be a real tonic for me these days.