Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Yeah that part looked nice. I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but I had a mental block on dialogue and plot in AAA games before Witcher 3. My brain would just appended all dialogue with “Anways…” and now I’m back to doing ‘stuff.’

It looks a lot like Dragon Age: Inquisition in terms of gameplay. That’s no bad thing really. That was a fine game.

Why do the humans look like children though?

It’s an RPG; the dialogue, facial expressions… the characters in general isn’t really doing them a lot of credit. I guess if you want exploration and not RPG… maybe.

They’re all important, that’s not where I’m going with that. My point is that for me, the first Mass Effect hit it out of the park. You could go anywhere and roam to your heart’s content. I understand most people had no interest - and considered all those empty planets “boring”. Me, I checked them all out, every play through. That’s what I want, and since the theme of this game is colonization and exploration, I think it’s a reasonable ask. In fact, let me wishlist something here: if the game could open up with the whole galaxy map fogged out, but you get to map it out as you explore - oh god I might have an orgasm.

Now the other stuff, dialogue and to a lesser extent animations - I could see that starting to seep into my consciousness and bugging me around hour 80 of me bopping around the galaxy. It’s not that I don’t care, it’s just so far down my list it doesn’t register, not yet anyway.

I enjoyed those aspects of ME1 as well, the exploration and all. However, I was disappointing that the non-main mission worlds were somewhat bland compared to the story worlds. I also really liked the main story in ME1 because it was fresh and new. I most games, you can kind of figure out what is going on, somewhat early. In ME1 you really didn’t see the real what and why until the end.

This is a fresh start, but I doubt they can pull of a really and good story like they did in ME1. They can give us lots of places to explore though, and that would be really good.

Not just the humans, that asari teammate looks like a child as well. And she has some really stupid name too, PeeBee or something? The whole thing comes across as some bad anime crossover that went off the rails midway through production.

A wide open galaxy with the same races as the milky way. What was a human, turian and krogan doing in the Andromeda galaxy?

My understanding is that there are multiple ark ships containing many beings on them for seeding new worlds. To answer your question with a question: why wouldn’t a human, krogan and turian be present at minimum?

Damn human immigrants. Make Andromeda Great Again!

They’re also probably saving all the new aliens for reveals, or, good-old fashioned surprise. Nothing like that feeling of discovery.

Sure, we haven’t even gotten a good luck at the khet yet.

What are the odds they would encounter such a settlement amongst the billions of stars in Andromeda? And storywise it undercuts the premise.

Just so I understand you: your assertion is that a bunch of asari, krogan, turian and human settlers flew separately to Andromeda for their own separate reasons and then stumbled across each other? Just sort of a, whoa fancy meeting you here 500 light years from home, kind of a thing?

I think the thing I’m looking forward to most is going through all the missions to gather my crew so I can begin my journey, then have the game end with a “to be continued…”

More like, Press here to purchase “The Ending” DLC.

Yeah, I’m totally looking forward to a sequel already too!

+1 Yea, please don’t be ME2

Why wouldn’t you want it to be like the best of the ME series?

Oh…so I guess I got further in ME2 than I thought, Lol.

Ha! ME2’s major flaw was the pacing that somehow gave the player the feeling that there was a lot more gameplay behind the great big leap. Instead of a couple of hours of boss fight and an abandoned story concept.