Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

With this ‘stusser was right’ stuff, no need for alter egos. The one will be plenty inflated!

Ahhhhhhhh yeah that’s the stuff. Stuff.

Now @stusser sounds like Matthew McConaughey in my head.

It was in quotes! Doesn’t count!

Man, Tom really needs to work on the echo in this thread. Better insulation maybe?

“That’s what I love about these Qt3 posters, man. They get older, I keep repeating the same stuff.”

I think I had two CTD from ME1 when transitioning b/t action and cinematic (such as when you get Reaper-Saren down to 50% during the last battle), but when I started back up and reloaded, had no issue. That’s been it so far.

On a separate note, I did finally get that ‘code’ mini-game in ME2 - but it took until I was on Omega and going after Mordin. I don’t know if getting the ‘hacking’ upgrade triggered something, but I’m pretty sure I saw that minigame a lot earlier originally. In fact, I’m pretty sure I saw it in a side room on the initial station where you wake up. So not sure what happened.

I don’t think anyone can answer that question for you. It really comes down to how much an ME1 with some improved game play/interface updates and greatly enhanced graphics and ME2/3 with slightly to moderately enhanced graphics are worth to you. And/or having achievements on Steam if you prefer that platform. Opinions are going to vary widely on this. It is rated at 86% on Steam so that says something.

As someone who previously owned all 3 games with all the DLCs I’d still say it’s worth it. Just the fact that I don’t have go into ini files to bring my mouse sensitivity down to a reasonable level in ME2 is super nice to have.

You guys might enjoy the latest No Man’s Sky expedition reward :)

Nah, I guess it just needs some calibrations.

That is cool!

Is this configurable now? I thought there were some issues at launch with control settings?

Fantastic!

I think it always has been, but in the old version on lowest setting it was still too high. And I think you could not disable mouse damping through the menu before.

This is my sentiment as well, though with a different conclusion. I still want to play through it all because it’s been 14 freakin’ years. But clumsy is an apt description.

I went back to read my initial impressions from 2007 (hey, I wrote that!) and they still hold true for me, excluding the part where we need to turn off the Film Effect and Motion Blur settings.

The controls are counter-intuitive and they were back in 2007.

The music is great; the voice of the codex guy is great (Crackdown voice!).

Ah hell, I’ll just quote my November 2007 self for the rest of it:

Lots of poor design decisions are marring an otherwise great game. I’d like to change my opinion of it from “advanced KOTOR” to “convoluted KOTOR”.

Who thought the Mako controls were well designed? How did this get past testing? They go completely against convention. Why? Why do we need a separate button for draw weapon and holster weapon when we are obviously short on buttons, considering we have to throw grenades with the friggin back button and we have to go two menus deep to see the map. :mad: ARRRGH! I’ve got to hope that these things can be worked out in a patch. Maybe they just forgot to include the vehicle driving code on the DVD.

And the character system is kinda boring…and the weapons and armor are kinda boring, and why do we still have to go around opening up every crate? In much the same way medpacks have been replaced by auto-generating health, I’d like to see this “loot the room” mechanic change to something a bit more automated (how about being able to assign one of the AI to be the “Scavenger” for the group and each return back to the trip he shows you everything he found? Ok, I’m off point now).

And now, back to playing the game. For all it’s faults, I can’t put it down.

…speaking of KOTOR, can it get a legendary edition?

Not to derail the thread, but since you asked…

Whoa, cool, that would be really nice, if true and if the game is good.

I thought I was posting here but apparently I was in the Andromeda thread, but:

Just finished ME1. The feels. Forgot about the 2nd part of the Saren end fight, sheesh what a creep.
Still hits me how god damn creepy the Reaper design is.

I wish games like this have not seen the end of time, just a pause. Frickin experience, even when you’ve already played them.

Update: Started ME2 right away. This is interesting. It seems I have forgotten most of this game. I remember the Illusive Man and the start of the game, and a few of the teammates, but I can’t recognize the Citadel and the few sidequests I got right from the start are completely gone from my memory. Maybe I should be worried, but I’m just happy? I get to relive this?? For real? Wow.