McConnell Froze Again

I don’t think it’s preference for elderly candidates per se, it’s just the overwhelming advantages of incumbency, and of holding leadership position in the Senate, in fundraising. As majority leader in the Senate, McConnell had access to essentially unlimited campaign cash.

I’d just like to point out that my deadly traps plan doesn’t even need to involve traps that are THAT deadly to solve this problem.

Yeah, I can see the body wasting happening, losing my parents this year, my dad went through that where his body just stopped taking on nutrition and he leaned out remarkably over just a few weeks. It’s a horrific thing that doesn’t really leave you after you see it. He doesn’t have more than a couple of months to function, if I had to guess. I get hating him specifically, but it really rings my sympathy bell generally for end of life horror.

I agree with you man. I watched my grandfather succumb to dementia and it was heart breaking. Strongest guy I knew, WW2 Pacific vet, mechanic, had arms like popeye. His 70s were a slow then rapid decline into a feeble mind and then feeble body and he didn’t make it past 80.

Fuck McConnell, but it’s a scary thing to watch because that could be any of us.

Sorry to hear you went through that dude. I lost my dad to brain cancer around Christmas last year, and it was rough. Like you say, seeing your dad go through that doesn’t really leave you, and so even when I see some piece of garbage like McConnell going through that kind of stuff, it catches me and I feel sorry for him, while also being scared of eventually going through it myself.

And then even for him, I have to imagine it’s terrifying, and I find it hard to wish that kind of terror on anyone, even if they’ve done terrible things.

“All beings tremble before violence. All love life. All fear death. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do?”

Yeah, I’d always wanted McConnell to go out in Dr Frankenstein fashion, torn limb from limb by the very monster that he dedicated his life to creating. I’m frankly disappointed that old age is going to get to him before a mob of deranged MAGA cultists does.

I know you guys know this, but it’s worth an explicit reminder that McConnell has worked tirelessly for many years to make the lives of people suffering from related health problems and their families that much harder.

But don’t worry, he’ll have access to all the best that medical care can offer.

Fuck this guy - his brain broke. Good!

My thoughts and prayers are for ArmandoPenblade. And his colon.

You (don’t) gotta hand it to Mitch: his health is failing but he still wakes up every day and tries to make the world a little worse.

I want to feel bad for Mitch because I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, and then I think about the Republican narrative and what Mitch himself would say if it happened to Biden.

I’ll get around to feeling bad for him right after I finish feeling bad for everyone he’s ever worked to harm.

Matthew 44 is the toughest part of the Bible for a reason.
Also the reason everyone pretends it doesn’t exist.

It’s traditional for senators to be allowed to die in office if they want. It does little harm, after all, if they’re incompetent along the way. Probably not a single senator reads the bills they vote on since they often run to hundreds of pages of gibberish, and many of them probably don’t even have aides provide summaries except when the bill will be in the public eye. So long as they can press the button they’re told to press, and quaver out an “aye” from time to time they’re good.

Of course, it looks bad for the minority leader not to be able to speak coherently, but that’s the party’s problem…

We can equally revile McConnell and revile his wife and his staff who clearly aren’t treating their husband and boss with the humane concern due to somebody with this kind of medical condition. As with Feinstein, someone needs to sit him down, cut through the ambition and pig-headedness and tell him he’s done, for his own good and for the country’s. This should be obvious, but for some reason that generation just abhors the idea of letting anything go.

Oof. Tough but fair, @Destarius!

The onion isn’t exactly holding back:

This one got an audible chuckle out of me:

“He deserves some time to relax before spending eternity in hell.”

I also think Elaine Chao has a better chance if Mitch stays at work.