McConnell Froze Again

https://twitter.com/HannahPThomas/status/1696936240040321474?s=20

BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Mitch McConnell appearing to have another scary episode in the media gaggle in Covington today. Aides had to step in to help him out and repeat questions. He was eventually lead away. We’ll have the full video on
@WLWT

I mentioned it in the other thread, but this kind of thing scares the crap out of me and makes me feel bad.

I saw similar looks of confusion on my dad’s face in his final days, and it’s hearbreaking and terrifying, even when it happens to a guy like McConnel.

Yeah it makes me feel bad as a human, although I don’t feel bad for the (alleged) human Mitch McConnell. I don’t know how that works logically, but it’s where I’m at.

Everything is fine. Again.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/30/mcconnell-freeze-press-conference-senate

Someone pushed a bad RobotOverlordOS update to prod. Expect an emergency hot patch soon.

Despite McConnel being a piece of garbage, I still feel bad when I see that kind of stuff. At some point, we all get old, and there but for the grace of God go I.

I will wait for Feinstein to comment.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 also has plenty of WTF?!?!? moments.

Yeah, while I may wish various poetic and/or ironic demises for some people, neurological issues I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Agreed. He looked terrified to me.

Wait… was that supposed to be moved to this thread? :)

Paging @tomchick. (EDIT: Oh I see, probably got moved because it was in the middle of the rest of the discussion. Although Mark’s post sure comes across differently in this context, hah!)

It’s not a tragedy when someone with zero good faith or conscience can no longer use his synapses for evil.

How long until Trump makes fun of him publically?

I thought I was replying to the batmobile post. McConnell freezing is interesting, I guess, in a trainwreck sort of way.

It’s a Discourse issue. When you reply to a post, you’ll note it’s labeled as a reply at the top of the post. Otherwise, when you just reply to the thread, your post is put at whatever chronological point you wrote it, with no indication what you’re responding to.

They’re two different interactions with a thread, but they’re called the exact same thing and the buttons use the exact same icon, and if you’ve never had to untangle replies in a thread, you might not even realize the difference. Thanks, Obama!

Anyway, I put back your comment. Just keep in mind there are always two different reply buttons available, but they’ll interact with the thread in completely different ways. Apologies in advance to anyone who gets a post mixed up in the kerfluffle.

And how long until we can make fun of Trump suffering this sort of malfunction himself?

McConnell is massively responsible for our democracy teetering, so fuck that dude.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all aboard the “Fuck McConnel” train, but this kind of thing still makes me scared and sad, just to see a human break down like this, because I know it’ll eventually happen to folks I know, and likely myself.

It’s a scary and disturbing thought, and even though I dislike this guy, it still triggers empathy in me.

There’s something incredibly weird going on with inverted demographics (more old voters than young voters) in that it seems like what those older demographics want are politicians who are older than they are. So the average 60 year old trusts an 80 year old more? It’s crazy. It seems like into the future the gerentocracy is all but assured.

The GOP senior leadership isn’t as healthy as they probably need to be. Scalise announced he is being treated for a “very treatable” blood cancer.

On the one hand, fuck cancer; on the other, I can’t help but wonder if, should a bill arise that would limit future cancers, would Scalise vote it down?