"Me President!" Bush installs Judge, bypasses Sena

Bypassing angry Senate Democrats, President Bush installed Alabama Attorney General William Pryor as a U.S. appeals court judge on Friday in his second “recess appointment” of a controversial nominee in five weeks.

Pryor’s federal appointment has been vigorously opposed by Democratic senators who have objected to his past comments and writings on abortion and homosexuality.

Dubya sez: “Ahm da president. Fuck all you traitors! Ahm gonna do what ah want!”

The Constitution gives the president authority to install nominees in office when Congress is not in session. Both houses were out this week for the Presidents Day holiday. But the appointments are good only until the end of the next session of Congress, in this case the end of 2005.

Well, that was convenient. Make sure you pardon Ken Lay soon, eh?

I can’t believe he recess-nominated Pryor. Expect the Senate to shut down as Democrats retaliate to Bush going nuclear…

I’m convinced this is part of Bush’s (Cheney’s) strategy to fuck up the government as much as possible before he’s voted out of office, so the next Democratic president will be unable to do anything about anything. Then, voters will elect Jeb Bush in 2008 to fix everything that’s totally that damned Democrat’s fault.

Could people actually vote for someone named “Jeb”?

Evidently some idjits in Florida, the sunburn heatstroke state, did.

Damn Bush, who the hell does he think he is?! The president? Oh…wait…damn…

I’m not waiting for the next stage…Emperor Bush…I’m moving to Canada.

Sure, why not. And after that we’ll elect Jethro.

It seems like politics is getting steadily more polarized. This is a very bad thing.

Lemme tell yas a story. Once upon a time, the smart peeps who started this country decided that the government should consist of 3 branches in order to achieve balance and not let this country become a monarchy. (Like that dastardly King George III of England.)

The branches are:

Executive: The executive branch of the Government is responsible for enforcing the laws of the land. The Vice President, department heads (Cabinet members), and heads of independent agencies assist in this capacity

Judicial: Courts decide arguments about the meaning of laws, how they are applied, and whether they violate the Constitution. The latter power is known as judicial review and it is this process that the judiciary uses to provide checks and balances on the legislative and executive branches.

Legislative: The House and Senate are the lawmaking body of the country.

The idea is that there were checks and balances all over to make sure there was no abuse of power. And now:

The Bush Cartel is doing everything to upset the balance of power by using loopholes galore to stack the judiciary with party hacks, make new
unconstitutional laws that illegally strengthen the executive branch (Patriot Act and various “sneak-ins”) etc etc etc.

What we have here is the process of a new King George trying to cement his power and desperately cling to it. We can only hope that the good people of the US are able to vote him out this fall and restore balance to our govt. My brain hurts now. (Koontz is my hero!)