Mechwarrior Mercenaries 5: Single player inside!

Pulse lasers are all in their stats – they tend to do slightly more damage over a slightly shorter time, so their damage is easier to concentrate.

Regular ACs vs burst-fire ACs are exactly the same. That said, I tend to prefer burst fire because I find it makes hitting faster mechs easier and as a result, I might get 50-75% of the damage on target (albeit not concentrated on one location) instead of whiffing entirely.

If anyone would like to voice in, now that you’ve all had time to dig deep into the core of the game, what is your consensus of the game?

I think it’s fine. It has bits of jankiness to it, and as always isnt nearly simmy enough, but for the pure I’m in robot as big as an office building stomping and shooting bitches to make money to buy even meaner shooter robots-fun of it, it’s a fine game.

These guys did mechwarrior online, and imo, this one is far better. Get it. Shoot some bitches. Just ignore the talking heads, as their writing and voice acting, heck even their models are really laughably bad. The game takes a bit to get going, but once you are a free merc company stompin’ around the galaxy,

Yeah it’s good.

Agreed it’s a good mercenaries game. I had a lot of fun with it and replaying it co-op now is also a blast.

I want that!

My campaign kind of stalled for 2 reasons. Firstly, over the holidays, I’ve decided to commit to completing Witcher 3, played it for over 60 hours more and I am still nowhere near the end. What an awesome but extremely huge game!

Secondly, at rep level 8, I’ve decided to do some high value mission (BTW I’ve missed a whole bunch of them while leveling up to 8, should probably go back and complete them). Up to now, I’ve probably restarted a couple of missions and only because I wanted to reduce the damage I’ve received, there was never a mission I failed. Until now. I’ve failed this one probably 10 times.

I am at 195 tons out of 200 IIRC but I don’t really have any hero mechs (I have 1 light hero mech but it doesn’t matter for this mission), so all my mechs are standard. My pilots’ skills are at ~25 and maxxed out for a while as I wasn’t able to find better pilots so far.

I’ve never encountered such a challenging mission up to now and I’ve played a bazillion of them. Surely, I should have just reloaded and skipped that mission for now but I got stubborn and decided to power through it. It was a mistake. I got so frustrated with the game, I haven’t touched it since. So for about 2 weeks now. :)

I should get back to it as I really liked it until that one mission. I wonder if the devs released any patches recently.

Supposed to be a big patch mid January, and mod tools coming soon.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/01/21-mod-editor-release

Mod editor v1 released with more to come

Ooh I might try my hand at building Old Man’s Mod, slowing the game down by increasing armor values and relative weight of everything.

Now that is of huge interest! Any word on VR support? I’ve got an impossible choice for game purchases that has me completely paralyzed. The scales are so balanced, I’m waiting for something to sway me. Will have to be price / features.

DCS JF-17
DCS Viper
Mechwarrior 5

Eventually all of them, but start out with the Jeff… gently

Some graphics improvements for Nvidia from DLSS 2.0 along with the bug fixes and mod editor improvements in the latest patch.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/03/34-mw5-patch

Game is $50 on the Epic store. Worth it?

As much as it pains me to say it, no. Unless the game gets improved to increase longevity, it’s probably better as a sale buy. Right now, you’ll likely get 10-15 hours of enjoyment then it will get old (which may be all you want anyway). The saddest part is that it isn’t due to the core gameplay but the mission design and the lack of options for skirmish matches.

I agree. Its opening up to mods, so it might have some legs on it.

On sale for $40 via EpicGames.com.

I’ve gotten at least 40 hours out of the game. I do really love stompy shooty robot goodness and the combat delivers it in spades. I’ve barely paid attention to the story. A bare frame of a campaign to hang combat off of is fine with me.

It is repetitive, so you really have to enjoy the combat.

Did they ever improve the ai?

Yes they did, making them not wade through the village you’re protecting as much.

I meant the enemies. Did they make them less dumb, and actually fight with some sense of tactics?

What are the developers plans for the game? Are they going to keep working on it and adding DLC?