Mechwarrior Mercenaries 5: Single player inside!

Good question, I have no idea.

They should be. And VR. This game begs for it. And better controller configuration.

But this might not be. They added in mod support in the latest couple patches, and support for 20 series geforce cards and that’s it. Not a good sign imo.

What a shame that would be to quit now.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/04/38-mw5-mercs-dlc-update

Luckily I was wrong, and the game is still being supported.

Well that’s good to see. Maybe I’ll finally get the thing.

Awesome! Does it have a Steam release date yet?

Holy shit! This is a surprise. My Xbox Game Pass App on my phone just told me this got added to Game Pass for PC. I can remote install it on my machine at home now.

Installing!

I’m curious if the game is cross play between the Microsoft Store and Epic Store versions.

Just saw this too. What an awesome surprise! I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the Epic one more than once.

Did they improve peripheral support, or do we still need to go in and edit config files? Is that even possible on the Gamepass version?

For some reason I had a dream I bought this and played it last night. In my dream it was pretty amazing and couldn’t come up with a single negative. It looked a lot better in my dream than it does in real life though.

First guess would be no, I see it also does not support mods. I think coop is over Live

I downloaded this on Game Pass. I haven’t played an MW game since … MW2 Mercenaries?

I’m kind of enjoying it, except for a couple/few things -

• The Lance AI is so, so bad. They get themselves killed all the goddamn time, because the commands you give them are apparently just suggestions. They also cannot pathfind for shit.

• The fact that - at least in the early game - you get swarmed by tanks that can wreck you quick really kills the stompy giant robot power fantasy. I try to engage at long range, but they do that too and have unerring accuracy.

• The campaign really wants me to accept setbacks, but they give me a Restart Mission option and hard saves, so fuck that.

It can be fun, but it feels a little too lightweight.

The swarms of tanks thing can be annoying but they really are glass cannons; they die instantly if stepped on and generally most of them pop very quickly.

AI is generally not up for any complex maneuvers.

The game is fun but the mission design is repetitive it never really does anything interesting after you’ve seen the 5 or 6 templates there are. There’s a lot I feel they could have done.

That said they’ve said explicitly that this is a weakness they want to remedy, although probably not for the first DLC.

My biggest facepalm when playing this game was learning there was no Solaris tournament. How can you be a successor of Mech 4: Mercs without one?

I enjoyed this game for about 15 hours, but for a game about mechs it oddly has no legs. And this is coming from someone who has been a battletech nerd since before their teens.

I’ll probably still buy the DLC.

Also I forgot to mention the horrible music. What is with the butt rock?

I feel the same way about tanks. A couple of hours into the game in a medium mech and I get killed more often by tanks than anything else. It’s just that they spawn everywhere and they carry fairly heavy weapons. While I can technically appreciate how dangerous on paper these tanks are, I never had this issue with tanks till MW5.

Walking around in your hanger looking up at your mechs is really cool. Got my $5 gamepass value for the month right there.

Otherwise if this came out 5 years ago I think I would be much more into it. As it is, playing this for an hour just makes me want to go play RogueTech.

I don’t get this, why does this feel like a shit version of Mechwarrior online, with even worse graphics…

Those mechs were so bad looking, my god…how could they?

Also missions are shit…and …well just shit…sorry, this franchise deserves better.

Because maybe it is?

For anyone who might be interested:

New patch and an official mod on Steam and Epic that enables infantry.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2021/07/60-mw5-july-7th-patch-notes

I’ve had a lot of fun with the game and DLC on Xbox, and with mods on PC.

I am a simple man.