Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

But I thought Steam made everything right and dandy and it was magical! I saw on Internet a chart where the Steam column was all green! :D :D :D

Perhaps the most shocking thing, it’s that you use a controller for a FPS Paul. I’m putting you on the list.

I am playing with mouse at 75% sensitivity and it feels pretty good so far.

That was a low blow, considering that Steam had nothing to do with those issues :p

And yeah, I prefer to play from couch on 55" plasma. Sue me! :D

Controllers suck for aiming, but I liked their analog movement, triggers, feedback and comfort.

<jeremiah_johnson_nod.GIF>

Damn, RPS says I’d be dipping into 30 fps on medium with my 1070ti at 1440p. That’s another reason to hold off!

It can dip a bit in wide open areas, but at 1080p on high I’m mostly around or above 100. So I wonder what settings they’d be using…

So I started the game today and within 3 minutes got BSOD with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION did Ubisoft hack my PC?

I hard reset the PC (second time because of this game), start the game again, switch to DX11 (what if 12 is the culprit?), shut down the game (it needs it to activate it), start the game again and it freezes on first splash screen. Aaaaaah fuck it. Restart again, start the game again, now it works and I played 20 minutes without issue. What the fuck is going on with this game and my shiny new Ryzen powered machine.

Driver issue maybe?

I am running Nvidia and no crashes or problems so far.

The opening intro and legal scenes were driving me crazy because while they always made me wait until I could press E to skip (I assume some loading is taking place) sometimes nothing reacted to me (ESC, E, Space Bar, cursing, etc.) and I couldn’t always skip them or the intro video.

I renamed them in the folder and now I get a few seconds of black screen (that loading) and right to the main menu where I can click continue. MUCH better.

When I had advanced physx and hair turned on, I had a couple of hard locks in the first few minutes. I turned those off, and no issues since. 1080ti, newest drivers, 3440x1440, ultra settings.

Edit: Although the game appears to have eaten about an hour of gameplay…When I hit continue after a restart, I’m back at the very beginning.

One of the main frustrating bugs I’ve only had once or twice was the humanoid looking mutants just not registering shots. In one tiny space there was a half dozen total and one of them literally took all my ammo and didn’t die when normally they were dying with a single head shot.

With the scarcity of my resources at that time I was not thrilled, but I have not had any crashes yet and only occasional hitches when there seems to be an area where there’s loads of fog being lit.

Overall I’m really enjoying it so far.

Man, there sure are some weird issues with this game. I hope it gets fixed up as soon as possible because it looks magnificent otherwise.

Jim Sterling put up an impression video, surprising he didn’t like it. You can hear his disappointment in not finding it fun.

He even mentions he loved 2033 and liked Last Light.

Almost seems this is a Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 situation where by adding in open world segments made the game less fun.

I cannot speak for Jim but I am finding the open world exploration and general gameplay loop to be a ton of fun.

Good review, I appreciate him explaining why he felt that way. It made me want to buy it. Slower paced, less claustrophobia, more open world and overly detailed sounds more like my kind of shooter than the previous Metro games.

Man I’m reading about problems with hdr, stutter, crashes, soft locks, dx12, subtitles, audio mixing, and more.

Thing is, I don’t remember Last Light being like that, it was fairly well polished.

Resetera is bitching central. But yeah in this particular case those bitchings are actually warranted. I mean I haven’t seen BSOD in like a decade, and Exodus gave it to me.

Oof, the blue screen of death is something I haven’t seen in forever either, but hearing you experienced it in Exodus is enough for me to wait at least a couple of weeks before jumping in.

Well to be fair it only happened in DX12. Once I switched to 11 I haven’t seen any issues yet, although I have only played for about an hour. I ordered 2080Ti so I am waiting with further playing for that and for the controller sensitivity fix.

+1 that has pretty much sold me on it too!!