Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

Wait, what? How does this work? Do the devs beg epic to let them publish on another store? “We got a yes for Microsoft! Still negative for steam and GOG…”

I just finished it. Great FPS, as always. Artyom not talking was one of the biggest missteps, as this sequel increases the amount of character dialogue and it’s so silly when 4-5 people are discussing something important and you cannot reply back. The voice acting in rough for some characters, too.
The game also needs to time warn up, it starts in a situation which you may not understand fully with some characters that are supposed to be your life pals and it’s very weird because you don’t really know them.
However in the course of the game you have time to familiarize with them and it works, by the end of the game it feels like you know them and have that ‘family’-like feeling.

Great screenshots!

Can I have ‘Stores that do not matter for $200 Alex?’

Apparently Epic is A OK with competing stores if they are commonly regarded as a joke.

I actually lost my favorite one, in the Winter map, at a high point where you could see lots of ruins all over the landscape.

The game design is interesting. I would say the key part is how it tricks you. It makes you believe it’s a survival experience, always worried about ammo and health and the filter amount, etc, although in reality you have plenty of resources to reach the end, unless you are bad as hell.
But hey, the important part is that it tricks you successfully, so I can’t be mad. It’s like how some famous game designer said that a good AI was more about how it tricked you in thinking how good it was, not in how good it was in reality.

I think I played for 29 hours*, hard difficulty, exploration heavy style, good ending achieved.
*: Oh, I forgot to comment about a notable flaw. God the load times are SLOW, for a 2019 game.

Is there a way to get the original Russian voice acting? I couldn’t find it in the Xbox Game Pass PC version.

On steam yes, I played in russian with czech subtitles. I tried english but it is (Anna specifically) horrible. Russian is fantastic.
No idea about gamepass though. But on Steam version I just chose the language in the game options.

Thanks, the game pass version also has it, but it’s only available from the main menu options and not from the in-game options.

Just started this, in the first open area. Seems pretty awesome :) A dollar well spent.

Yeah, I really started to get into it in the first open area, and I’m loving the atmosphere and immersion. It’s definitely giving me a Far Cry 2 vibe in a good way.

What’s the number I keep seeing in the bottom right of the screen? It could be an autosave notification maybe? But it’s been 000776 or something for a while and I don’t know what it’s telling me…

And how do I use a pneumatic rifle? Does it need pumping up somehow?

Game seems great still. Nice to have something handcrafted after a slew of Ubigames, which if not procedural, possibly could be.

It’s good that you’re asking this question now. I got through all of Metro 2033 and then I came to Qt3 and said “it’s weird how they provided you with pneumatic rifle and then once you were out of ammo, you had no way to use again the whole rest of the game. Wasn’t that weird guys?”, and Qt3 was like, duh Rock8man, you’re supposed to use the [Redacted] button, which lets you pump the rifle.

:) 345

The number is something like the number of kilometers you have traveled, I think.

And yes, the air rifle needs pumping.

But it needs ammo too, right? I made like only 3 shots before it stopped working, and now it says 0 bullets.

you can easily craft pellets from the gun, using your knapsack.

But how do you pump it? M&K…

I think it involves reload key? Maybe hold zoom and then reload, or the other way around.

I think it was holding the reload key (so, r) and then clicking.

Yes, holding the reload key will pull it into position, then fire key to pump iirc.