MicroProse is back

And why was @gamerx post reported now? Are we just reporting anyone who is new at this point?

I reported his ass because:
a) Brand new user with a generic user handle;
b) I saw this exact same post over at /r/hoggit and /r/aviation

That’s why.

Oh you’re the police? I have seen a few posts from him here. What was spammy about his post?

Gee, I dunno, @LeeAbe. Maybe it puts my panties in a bundle when a newbie straight-up copypastas some spam about a shite game and a dead company.

Now, if it would have been like, “Hey, have you heard that Microprose is blah blah blah” then we could have all laughed and adjusted our monocles and been like, “Hey old boy, didn’t you know that this is just a dastardly scheme to stick a dead company’s name on a dead product?”

So yeah, I am the police. Wanna see my Lawgiver?

Hey everyone let’s be nice to each other :)

HUGS!

Let’s all stay on topic people!

Yes. On topic. So, F15 Strike Eagle 2?

1. I have copied and posted the same thing across multiple forums before. 2) Not everyone feels forums have to be lurked in for months before they post. 3) Microprose isn’t dead, they have a site. 4) we aren’t allowed to post about games you don’t like? 5) spammers usually don’t reply to posts.

Or SSI!

You know, you’re right. Although I always compared Ace Patrol to TSR’s old Dawn Patrol. The latter always seemed too grognardy to be published by the D&D folks.

I’m not sure I understand why this means anything, tbh? We have several non-English natives that post here. I’m not even totally getting what was spammy about the OP - even if it was posted elsewhere as well? What am I missing here?

It reads like a poorly-written press release, not like anything that anyone here would write. Well, Teiman, maybe, but he would have made it delightful to read, and he hasn’t been around in any of the threads lately.

It reads like a poorly-written press release because it’s copy-pasta from Reddit and elsewhere.

I still lurk and review just about every friggin’ web site, forum, or subreddit that deals with flight sims. It’s a sickness.

It was copied from Blues News. Granted, @gamerx posted a link that copied it from Blues News (and gave them credit). You saw the same post elsewhere because it’s the press release.

New user, first post, and it basically just rehashes the press release. Not sure if I would’ve reported it, but…I get it.

When people pine for the glory years of MicroProse and the endless hours of fun MicroProse games brought, the first title they think of is…WarBirds?

It’s like Origin Systems announcing they’re coming back to bring the world exactly what they want: CyberMage.

New people aren’t allowed to post news. Got it. He was just replying in other threads hours before this post just to clear the way for his master spam thread we all fell for.

Yeah, I think @scharmers has clearly jumped the gun, which sucks because we just had a huge discussion earlier this year about attracting more visitors.

You seem angry and shouty.

Which is why it annoys me. A guy was flagged for replying to soneone else who linked to the post he wrote himself the other day. @tomchick agreed.

Such a wonderful game. I spent many hours playing Dawn Patrol.