MicroProse is back

www.microprose.com

And they announced their first new game, which is a remake of a 20 year old game, they will be using unreal engine 4 for it.

’ MicroProse announce agreement for Development and Co-Publishing of the new WarBirds 2020 World War II flight simulation that has been successfully entertaining millions on virtual online pilots since 1995.

CEO David Lagettie of MicroProse says, “I am excited to work with iEntertainment Network CEO and Co-Founder of MicroProse, ‘Wild Bill’ Stealey, to produce the next generation of WarBirds 2020 WW II combat flight simulation using new modern technology and promoting worldwide.”

Wild Bill Stealey says, “It will be fun to be working with MicroProse again to do great simulation games! We are very excited to be partnering with David and his team to update our very successful WarBirds 2020 product for WW II combat simulation fans around the world.’

http://www.combatsim.com/topics/combat-flight-sim/warbirds-2020/

You stole my face!

lol! different profile :D

Reading that website you’d never know that Microprose was basically non-existent for close to 20 years.

Awesome! VR must have lured them back.

I will watch this space for new news.

I read about this a couple of months ago, and figured the name had just as much weight as Atari’s. I.e. none at all.

I just want a new 1942: Pacific Air War, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK. runs off crying

Um, thanks but no thanks there, Mr. Gamerx joined 16 hours ago.

This is Wild Bill’s last attempt to gain some cache for his long forgotten Warbirds franchise. War Thunder ate his lunch a long, long time ago.

Microprose is a hollowed-out husk on par with Atari – there are none of the original names left (considering that Atari was JTS for longer than it was Atari).

Go away, shill. There will be no M1TP3. There will be no Falcon 5, unless Wild Bill buys back the IP from Tommo and just re-releases BMS. There will be no EAW2. And there will be no you, soon.

Hate to say it because I spent a lot of hours in CK/ WB back in the day, but…+1 ^^^^

Are you guys telling me we can’t return to the glory days?

No - well, they’ll pass you by.

Now they just have to bring back SSI.

Summon the old gods.

One of the first C64 games I purchased.

Nah, it’s all about War wind and Rites of War.

You ms-spelled “Simtex”.

No he didn’t.

Sounds like that was written by someone who’s not a native English speaker.

Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol was basically a modern version of Eagles. Although I barely remember the game at this point.