Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

Hi, I’m one of those people. Cloud gaming sucks. I tried to play Dead by Daylight via streaming and it was unplayable. This was recently, too.

Yeah, I’ve hade gamepass for a few years, and I think I’ve only used the streaming aspect of it a handful of times ever.

That said, I actually DO believe it’s viable in the future… it’s way better than I expected, and works well for certain types of games.

Eh. As a competing anecdote, I played a ton of Grounded with a friend last summer on my Steam Deck via cloud gaming from my back yard hammock, and it worked great. Similarly, recently played my own Valheim world/save at my gal’s house on her Series S via streaming. Both were flawless, and those are big, open world online/mp games.

I use streaming for most things I play on GP at this point, assuming it’s available on streaming. They’ve got it pretty close to flawless, though admittedly I do not play competitive shooters so I have no idea if it’s usable for those. But for any other kind of game, just being able to hit ‘play’ and not have to worry about it running on my potato of a computer is fantastic.

This reminded me to re-up my game pass, just added another year for $65 via grey-market 3-month XBLG giftcards so I’m maxed out at 3 years.

Even paying $65 for a re-up rather than $51 initially, if game pass saves me buying one single game that entire year I come out ahead.

I actually stream a lot of games on Gamepass, because it is so easy to hop in and see if I like it. Once I’m in it is pretty flawless, but sometimes it can take a bit to load

I never really used the streaming much until I got a steam deck. It works great on there. I actually also like the streaming to quick check out a game on the series X, rather than spend an hour or so downloading a 100 GB game.

It seemed to work fine for Forza Horizon 5, and Battlefield 5 (single player).

I used it quite a bit on my phone when traveling, until I accidentally got kicked off the hotel wifi and suddenly maxed out my data.

Heavy arty applying pressure

MS’ lobbyists are no doubt screaming bloody murder.

It amused me when I read that article, in the background, I can hear my wife on a work conference call talking about Microsoft and their “interesting” practices in the enterprise market. Their PR might be better these days but its still the same old Microsoft.

It’s all fun and games, but I assume Microsoft has some lobbyists in the US making noises how the UK is being unfair to US companies and that’s not how you treat people you’d like to one day have a trade deal with.

And how can Brexit Britain be worse for business than Red Tape EU, and whatever else they can do to move the needle.

Chancellor attempts to lean on the CMA.

Do bear in mind though that the CMA is not remotely as responsive to moment to moment politics as the FTC or the EC. And the CAT even less so.

This is the surprising part really. Didn’t the UK leave the EU to get away from all of these anti-business folks stopping up progress with all of the committees and red tape?

No, it was primarily anti-immigrant racism. That was just the whitewash, they don’t really care about that shit, they just didn’t want to see Poles working the register at Tesco.

When you say Poles do you mean Polack?

Sorry, my racial slur lexicon is totally outdated.

I recommend Sunder Katwala if you want to actually understand race relations in the UK.

If you just want to post ill informed prejudice in the wrong forum, carry on.

I’m obviously not British, you’re saying there isn’t a strong current of anti-immigrant racism in the UK? Can you provide specific links as opposed to recommending an author?

Edit: Actually, nevermind, this isn’t P&R.

British gamers are afraid!

What a spicy tale the CMA has woven.

Another approval.