Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

@Editer

Would I use those same settings for IL-2 and DCS?

Here are my specs. How far away from your system am I? I don’t have a clue if I’m getting good or bad performance.

• 32 Gig 4200 Ram at 3800 speeds
  • Intel 9700K @5.0 GHz on all 8 threads
  • Default NVidia 3800 (eVGA) at stock speeds
  • Stuff on fast M.2 Samsung

Can you get another 3440x1440 and put them at the sides?

Neither Il2 nor dcs use openxr for now. They use steamvr.

Ah I see. Sorry, I’m taking a long time to learn all this stuff. OK, so in essence are there just 3 rendering pipelines for all VR games?

• SteamVR
  • OpenXR
  • Oculus whatever

Yes. Compositors is you call those.

So is every game purchased off the Microsoft store using OpenXR?

Don’t know really, as far as I’m concerned, msfs is the only openxr title on my machine.

Msfs will also use steamvr but performance in wmr may be better.

Folks already answered, but yep, it’s:

OpenXR: MSFS
SteamVR: Almost everything else
Oculus: Should only be Oculus store titles you’re running under ReVive

And yes, thank gosh, 49” monitor is very curved. :)

I’m now running dual 3440x1440 monitors on my work at home PC.

SO. MANY. PIXELS.

Between that screen and VR do you get confused with what inception level you’re on?

https://youtu.be/U5IailIzqdc?t=187

Though they used the same 1.12.13.0 patch message, the additional patch today tacked on to that was for new navdata.

A small update is available now - The Aeronautical Information Regulation And Control (AIRAC) cycle is being updated with new navdata.

For more information: https://www.navblue.aero/navblue-partners-with-xbox-game-studios-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Oh, yeah, I meant to post that. The ObsidianAnt video anyway. Not sure I want to pay that much for a fighter in a civ sim, though it’s not like I’ve ever fired a missile in my DCS F18.

Does One Vision play when you take it out for a spin?

LOL - that’d be perfect!

So that means Concorde is out as well? Meh.

One reason to drive a fighter jet in MSFS is the great view and speed.

Same developer is actually working on a Concorde (already released for P3D), but it’s on hold until Asobo supports >Mach 1 flight.

Concorde would need a study level simulation of fuel systems or not worth a penny.

Proving once again that there are very different ideas of fun in this world. :)

Give me the left seat and let me tell the guy in back to keep the fuel balanced. That’s what flight engineers are for!