Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

The people who laid down these railroads were the true pioneers! I’m just following their work.

Until I come to the end of the line. Then I have a minipanic and go it alone.

Are you refueling?

No, I started on default settings, choose start and destination and maybe a waypoint or two. I always have half fuel and it never goes down. I’m not even sure where to change that in the World Map screen, and honestly now that I’m used to not worrying about fuel, I’m not sure I want to. Especially in this part of Russia. In Western Russia, there were airfields all over the place, but in Eastern Russia they’re really rare. I mean, I had to go down to China to try to land, for god’s sake just because I didn’t want to fly around in the dark. On an unlit airfield, it turns out.

Explorer mode :)

I finally got around to picking up Aerosoft’s CRJ700, and I’m very glad I did. Like all addons it does have its issues, most glaringly of all there’s no functioning weather/terrain radars yet (they’re waiting on Asobo to do something, which seems to be a common theme among third party devs).

But what’s good is very good. Both interior and exterior are beautifully modelled, the aircraft handles extremely well, hardly anything is inop, and IT HAS A HUD! Oh joy of joys, that HUD really helps with landing and takeoff.

It’s perfect for me because I like flying commercial passenger jets but I tend to keep my sessions below two hours, which is largely what regional jets are for. I hope Aerosoft continue to support it and iron out the last issues, but in all, I don’t regret my purchase at all. It’s the first thing to finally tear me away from my beloved PMDG DC-6. :)

More Aleutians

Dude between you and @Rock8man these screenshots keep me going when I’m at work and 3 deep into conference calls for the day. Beautiful shots!

Agreed with @Skipper! Since Tom doesn’t do Likes here (and I get his reasoning), I just need to chime in and confirm I really appreciate y’all sharing these great shots and the recaps of your exploration! Really entertaining.

+1. I really enjoy watching everyone’s virtual adventures and all the screenshots have been great!

Thanks everyone :) I try not to overwhelm the thread with screenshots, because there’s a photogenic scene about every 5 seconds during any flight I do. I’m really liking the Alaskan bush trip. It’s beautiful scenery, fairly low elevation flying, easy navigation, and not too far between airfields.

I should probably start adding my own. Unfortunately, until recently I never bothered with the drone cam and also usually had name tags on so I don’t have many suitable yet. However I particularly like this one of my A320 about to depart Rome International.

LOL, an airport screenshot at the terminal. I love it. You’ve found your niche! We’ve never had a screenshot like that before. It’s pretty gorgeous. That British Airways stripe, that’s a mod, I’m assuming?

Heh, thanks. I loaded into the flight, saw that sky, and had to take a screenshot!

Yeah that’s a mod. The default liveries for most aircraft are a bit lacklustre so I always download a BA livery if there’s one available. They’re relatively nice and, well, I’m British. I’ve even got one for the CRJ-700 even though BA has never operated it! :D

Now that I’ve got my settings sorted I’ll post some shots from my DC-6 and CRJ-700 since y’all are mostly posting GA shots.

Brother, no shame here it’s part of the game. I’ve taken many screenshots with airport or city tags on. Speaking of, is there no photo mode key that turns all that off for a screenshot?

The drone cam is how you get external shots without the instrumentation showing up, but there’s no key that I know of that toggles name tags.

I’ve turned them off permanently though because otherwise they clutter my CRJ-700’s HUD when I’m landing. :)

I’m of the opinion that at a certain distance above ground, it looks damn near real. That first shot you look to be maybe 500-2000 feet above ground level, those views look amazing.

I’ve used the drone cam a lot, I just kind of wish the nametags could have a toggle. Hell for all I know it might? I’ll check the keybindings.

It’s, of course, a long standing feature request because it’s obvious and would add a lot to the sim. But–you know–you still can’t even refuel during bush trips after a year, so don’t expect this to happen ever.

There was a mod that let you do it, but it hasn’t worked since Sim Update 5:

Yes you can. CTRL-R (or whatever you have refuel bound to) while sitting on the runway.

I think he means an actual formal way to do so at a stop during the bush trip, not a keyboard shortcut.

It does make the bush trip feel somewhat… I don’t know, taped together with ducttape to have to use a keyboard shortcut to refuel just to be able to finish your bush trip.