Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Well before I zoomed in it looked like better shading on the speed and altitude bars and a lower ALT selection location from the top of the screen (yours is at 0.) But after clicking on it and zooming in, I can’t really tell if I saw the shading correctly. The background artificial terrain (aka synthetic vision or SVT) looks good too though. I don’t know what version of Garmin is in the XCub but it seems like that G1000 NXi.

@MarchHare could confirm.

Flying over the Swiss Alps as I type:

Honeycomb has been providing more information on their upcoming lineup.

More info in article here including a tease on their planned move to support military simulations:

Here’s the new Honeycomb military flight stick, which for unknown reasons appears washed out in the FSNews article:

I’m almost to Yakutsk now. Still traveling across this massive forest.

If I look in the distance now, I can see the Lena River heading North with me, almost parallel, as we both head towards Yakutsk.

This highway is a pretty impressive achievement.

It was mostly built between 1925 and 1964, and is still being built upon. The highway doesn’t actually go to Yakutsk, it only goes to a place across the massive Lena river from Yakutsk, and there’s no bridge. But a bridge is currently being built, finally! Maybe next year.

So I’m here, at the coldest large city in the world.

You rang? 😄 Been a busy week, haven’t made time to drop by here, but now I have!

With the caveat that I haven’t used it extensively in that configuration, I’m pretty confident it should work just fine. You can even move encrypted third-party products, like Carenado’s planes, to the Community folder without issue (other than the content manager getting confused and thinking you don’t have it installed).

XCub has a G3X. We have a freeware mod for that, but it doesn’t look like it’s installed here. The blue touch buttons are a dead giveaway – ours turns them black to more closely match the real thing.

Yep. The most responsive control a pilot has over their speed is pitch. If you only need to gain or lose a few kts to meet a target, the best thing to do is often to pitch for that speed and then adjust power up or down gradually to keep you near your desired altitude.

Alternately, install this. :)

Ten minutes after departing JFK enroute to Quebec:

Really nice freeware McDonnell F2H Banshee up at sim-outhouse.com, by Rob Carrich. He’s also posted a Hawker Sea Hawk. These are planes he did for FSX/P3D originally, but he’s rebuilt them as full native MSFS planes in Blender.

That looks good. Is it on a carrier? I see the ocean in the background. Either way, good looking exterior, I’ll have to look that up.

Just caught this on the way into Schiphol. Shame the clouds still have that graininess to them but cool shot anyway:

Just so I don’t vanish from this thread without a trace… due to a policy change (for the entire FS dev team, not just Working Title) developers are no longer allowed to participate in public discussion about the game. This unfortunately means I’m going to need to go into read-only mode here, at least until such a point as things change again.

I’ll still be here in spirit, though, and if folks have any questions about something flight sim-related they’re welcome to message me. As long as it’s something I’m allowed to discuss, I’d be happy to help. And nothing’s keeping me from other portions of the site, even other aviation-related threads.

😀

That’s a bummer, @kaosfere, but not surprising. Glad you’ll still be around the rest of the site.

Keep up the great work!

Yep, part of Superspud’s two-volume aircraft carrier group package. Check out his stuff, it’s really high-quality, and his descriptions are often hilarious.

Due to current sim limitations the carriers don’t actually move. But you can use Kinetic Assistant to add catapults and traps to them.

What a pisser. Will you guys still be doing weekly updates to the Nxi?

A pity, we’ve all enjoyed your updates, but hope the job is going well and keep up the good work!

No worries man, understood. We appreciate the tidbits but if nothing else, drop in to tell us when something goes live, it’s easy to miss those sometimes. I hope the workload isn’t overbearing right now. Hang in there.

Oooh, almost forgot. It sounds like they want to direct discussion elsewhere, maybe on the official forums. I wonder if you guys will be getting a sub-forum there?

I’ve never seen a developer post on the official forum.

My last remaining friend at Intel posted this on Facebook recently.

A bunch of you likely saw Sam Swift’s post that “Smokin’ Hot” will be in the air racing simulation in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Race 6, “Miss Dianne” will be there as well. We’ve been working under wraps with Microsoft since last year to help make this happen including biplanes along with other classes in the game!

He has been racing and sometimes winning at Reno air races for years.
He posted some cool pictures also.

Jeff and his lovely Pitts special took second this year!

I may buy the sim just to try my hand at air racing.

Departing Bolzano, Italy enroute to Klagenfurt, Austria:

The sun just peeking over the Alps:

Crazy long journey! Are you going to use time crompression?

It’s 125nm as the crow flies! I flew around 150nm in all. Did you mistake Austria for Australia?