Might & Magic Showdown

That’s really cool. I’d love to see that sort of detail in other games like… RTS games or more in ARPGs.

It isn’t like it’s technically difficult. Hell, the very first Armored Core games almost let you paint piece-by-piece (though I think the left/right sides were mirrored), and they were in the late '90s. This shit should have happened a long time ago. If they have an Android or XBone version, I’m in.

The painting stuff does look pretty damn awesome, No interest in the PvP game attached to it though. Have to agree with Nesrie, this would be awesome in something like Diablo and really be able to make your character look awesome. The idea of having custom painted factions in any GW game would be sweet too. Kind of hope Rogue Factor takes a good look at this, would be neat to see something like it in their Necromunda game.

I am 100% in on anything that lets me play more dress-up with my mans.

Except for when the game itself looks utterly uninteresting, like it does here. But cosmetic hero painting/costumes/hairstyles? Oh hell yes, all the time!

RPS concurs with PCG about the painting tools being the only worthwhile bit.

Next week, Deathmatch will be temporarily pulled and replaced with a much more interactive mode, which looks like a big improvement:

“It’s dead, Jim.”

Can’t say I’m surprised.

I don’t even know anyone that played it.

The gameplay indeed looked terrible. I think they wasted an opportunity here. Having a turn based tactical game (like the surprisingly deep Banner Saga Factions) with paintable, collectable miniatures? Sounds really awesome to me! Instead, they went full-on MOBA with this…