Mike Moore vows to go to Florida to film the election

The Manhattan Institute was Charles Murray’s home for a while; they’re a neocon think tank, basically.

This is a moderate board? LOL!

“I’d like to teach the World to sing…”

In my opinion, this it will be the most worthwhile film Moore has made yet. If he does it, and I hope he does. You think the nation is polarized now, put a couple of disenfranchised voters on the screen telling the nation how the police barred them from voting (or some such) and watch the backlash.

Man, I’m fuckin excited.

I never get tired of Cindy Sue.

“You people are all idiots who believe whatever you’re told by your liberal media, find me some EVIDENCE! Oh, wait, what, you’ve got an overwhelming mound of evidence here? Uh, well, NEWSMAX SAYS YOU’RE ALL WRONG IN THEIR UNBIASED AND FAIR STUDY! LA LA LA LA LA, I WIN!”

<- Moderate

And by the way, I’m afraid for Moore’s safety if he goes to Florida. I made the mistake of swinging by the yahoo.com message boards. Some seriously crazed folks over there.

I can tell you right now, he’d better apply for some serious Witness Protection Program if I see him anywhere near Orlando…

-Floridian who hates Moore

It’s interesting for anyone to say this, because few on the left (the exception being the out-three whackos) would probably say the same thing about Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter.

Can you imagine what would happen if someone did take out Michael Moore? Talk about instant martydom…

Oh I see. You are threatening the civil rights and bodily harm to an American citizen visiting Orlando. Clearly you don’t understand anything about tourism!

Why? Because you’re going to kill someone else where only he can see you, and then he’s going to testify against you?

This reminds me of the time Jesse Helms advised the president against coming to his home state without a bodyguard.

A certain segment of the GoP clearly thinks these kinds of veiled threats are a way to prove their manliness (or perhaps their decisive leadership, or maybe their love of family values!).

I’m genuinely curious if there are reported cases of elected Democrats making similar threats against Bush. Not “he should be thrown out of office”, but something actually threatening bodily harm.

Or Ann Coulter opining that then-president Clinton should be assassinated. Nice.