Minecraft! (single player dwarf fortress)

Sounds similar to the EnderIO Inventory System Storage system. I think that’s the closest Resonant Rise has. Attach a storage device to a chest and attach a panel to the storage device. Voila, elegant sorting system with lots of potential capacity (the devices are tiered) and it combines stacks of the same item into super stacks. Has a built-in crafting panel that can remember up to six recipes but won’t autocraft. Also has an optional portable inventory panel that you can take with you anywhere. Drawback? Has its own unique fuel source, of course (nutrient fluid) which requires a Vat. Fortunately, the recipe for nutrient fluid is just raw chicken and sugar. :)

Here’s an update on the new processing facility I built over the weekend. Much more streamlined and efficient, super happy with it. Now experimenting with the Recycler and the Replicator – man UU-matter is sure expensive!

First floor where all the magic happens. Items arrive in one corner and get piped around to the various machines and then piped back into one of four storage boxes. To the right is the Recycler area (Blast Furnaces and Recyclers), in the center is the Replicator area (with Mass Fabricators, a Scanner and Pattern Storage).

Basement, where a bit of extra magic and crafting happens.

Edit: Oh and the EnderIO Inventory system links your inventories across all terminals automatically if they happen to be connected via EnderIO conduits, which means that you can craft on any one terminal drawing from all of your storage. Drawback: No way to prevent them from linking together without isolating them (no conduits in connecting them).

I’ve not used EnderIO for that kind of thing but I have used Applied Energistics, which I love. It’s like a futuristic version of storage, where everything can be placed in digital drives that you create and group together to create something akin to a SAN array.

If you haven’t played with that, it is right up your alley for your current build.

AE is a bit of end game, but I love it as well. It is the ultimate storage solution. There is a thaumcraft tie-in as well so you can digitize essentia which is a god-send for crafting.

You can also place AE tie-ins to machines for most other mods to automate things into and out of AE storage. As an example, I used it to automate getting yellorium into a Big Reactor, since I was feeding yellorium into my AE system elsewhere. I also used to to take care of things with a high volume of items, like automated tree farms.

The problem with AE and it’s ilk is that once you use it… you can’t imagine not using it. Especially in any pack with an explosion of mods. Then the game becomes automating everything with AE, which exhausts me and I always quit right after.

However the flip side is rooting through a bunch of chests which is the worst.

I agree, @Gendal. It does tend to drive its own use once you start playing with it. For what its worth there are a few chest mods that make those at least a little easier, but the issue with chests has always been getting things into and out of the right chests.

Moded Minecraft is an exercise in inventory management.

I always try to be organized. This chest is for minerals. This one is for plant related stuff. This one is for tools, etc… But then you run out of room, and need to dump stuff off, just temporarily, then you forget…

I am not sure what I want from minecraft or a minecraft like game anymore. Maybe some grand project, but I can’t think of anything. I do not have the patience to build some of my bigger ideas, like a large city with NPCs and whatnot. I build like one house and I am bored of the project. I also have no patience for interiors.

Kaplan’s out.

I wonder what Kaplan’s payday was after the initial sale?

Something along the lines of this:

That was my guess, but I don’t know what percentage Notch took as his own, versus Kaplan.

Kaplan’s a really nice guy. He deserves success.

Notch is still in the credits, but Microsoft is stripping out most mentions of Notch in Minecraft (splash screens and such).

As possible background, though, Minecraft is a game played by millions of kids all over the world, and is now owned by Microsoft. Meanwhile Notch has become a conspiracy theorist whose increasingly erratic twitter behaviour

Notch is crazy.

Notch is still one of my favorite people for no other reason than his ma$$ive contribution towards the creation of Age of Wonders III (one of my FGOATs) simply because he loves the series.

He’s contributed to such a degree that Dutch developer Triumph Studios (Overlord) doesn’t need a publisher for Age of Wonders 3, although distribution and co-publishing deals aren’t ruled out.

Why is Notch doing this? Because he’s a fan of the Age of Wonders series.

Too bad about his Minecraft legacy being retconned.

RTFM. His name is still in the credits. He just doesn’t get his name in the bouncy title string anymore.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. If becoming a bazillionaire turns you into a neocon misanthrope, I guess I’ll scratch that off the bucket list (the neocon part, anyway)

Huh??

I believe the term to use, if you’re a millionaire, is eccentric.

in this case, asshole also works