Minecraft! (single player dwarf fortress)

Yeah, it happens, but not often. I think they might have fixed that, as it only happens to me when I use the wrench incorrectly.

So with two strong recommendations for this now (@DeepT and @Skipper) I want to ask, how compatible are Thermal Expansion items with IC2, EnderIO and Vanilla items?

For example, I love Forestry but I have to use a dedicated power source for it and can’t draw on my vast IC2 energy repository/supply. Thus, it makes sense for someone like me to set up a second Forestry power system and facility. This was annoying at first, but then I had fun dealing with it. Still, though, I wish I could power Forestry devices with IC2 energy.

Question about redeeming the Windows 10 version: Can someone still play the Mojang version on another computer afterwards? I ask this because my kid plays on her computer and she’s admin on a bunch of servers, I don’t want to redeem it and bump her.

[quote=“Fenris99, post:4830, topic:60133, full:true”]
Question about redeeming the Windows 10 version: Can someone still play the Mojang version on another computer afterwards?[/quote]
Yes. Redeeming the windows version doesn’t invalidate your ownership of the classic one.

Thanks so much!

No worries. If you have an XBox One, I believe this will also, activate the XBox version.

Yup, Windows 10 version has nothing to do with the Mojang version. They’re both running concurrently. Thanks again.

Thermal Expansion is not compatible with IC2 machines. It uses red-flux, not EUs. However, it is compatible with everything else, as most machines / devices use red-flux, not EU.

What he said, but I believe there was or is a power storage that will supply whatever is needed by the devices you attach it to? Obviously it was a separate mod, but I want to say RF related. EU to RF conversion is the most sought after but there was also something for Forestry MJ to whatever as well.

It’s been a while so I don’t remember if I had anything between Thermal Expansion, IC2 and even EnderIO working together, beyond supplying them with one power source, usually from power supplied by the Big Reactors mod (and using yellorium.) I think there are actual tubing and wiring mods that have cross functionality as well though. So you could pipe something out of an IC2 device, and get it to a TE device.

Everybody says to stay away from IC2 but I never tried it myself until recently. I can confirm the conventional wisdom in this case is 100% correct. If you like anything about IC2 then check out Immersive Engineering first.

Continuing this discussion from the Star Citizen thread as it’s more relevant to this one.

The first alpha version of Minecraft made available to the public could be described as an Infiniminer clone in the same way that the cave game tech test was, as it only consisted of digging up blocks and then placing them. However, the addition of survival mechanics undeniably turned Minecraft into its own thing apart from Infiniminer.

You can also draw a connection between that sandbox survival gameplay and the title Notch previously co-developed, Wurm Online.

http://www.wurmonline.com/features/

Yea, videogames have this thing where two games can be similar (one is first person, the other is first person), but one is a “escape room” game where the other is a shooter. Different genres.

Then you have 3D roguelikes using million polygons, and 2D roguelikes rendered using a pure text console. But they are basically the same game: Rogue.

So yea, Infiniminer was 3D, with blocks, and it inspired Notch. But Infiniminer was a different animal to what Minecraft has ended becoming.

I don’t see much to discuss here, but welp.

No worries if there’s nothing more to add, I mainly just wanted to re-direct the Minecraft discussion out of the Star Citizen thread.

I now have IC2 , Ender IO, Forestry and Thermal Expansion all working together nicely under the latest Resonant Rise release using no additional modpacks (just a texture pack).

The main thing is to realize that while you may not be able to centralize your power grid and power various major mod devices with it, you can still centralize your storage and item sorting and movement system across various major mods. Essentially you pick one mod for your main power, and then standardize your item transfer using Ender IO conduits as needed. You don’t need to ditch any one of those three or four mods; they’re all probably necessary and important for different things.

My current build relies on IC2 for a power grid and for ore processing, and on Ender IO and IC2 for item movement and sorting. Both mods offer features that specifically benefit the other; such a good match and both also benefit from Immersive Engineering. With just these three mods you can accomplish a lot.

Now I’m starting to introduce Forestry and Thermal Expansion. While the devices (generators, furnaces, etc.) are not compatible with their other power systems, they can still be connect to an Ender IO based item/sorting grid, which is huge, even if you will also probably want a secondary power grid for specialized devices. It’s my hope that I’ll be able to incorporate the new stuff into my current setup without too much trouble.

Some screenshots of the current build after hitting a huge milestone with a large mining operation and item sorting system.

Simple compound. Only Dryads and Endermen tend to wander in.

View of the roof. Power is comprised of 18 Advanced Solar Panels and 10 Wind Mills which feed into two MFEs. (Second pass on roof, plan to make it prettier soon if I have time.)

The MFEs, on the upper floor, feed into a series of transformers and Batboxes before supplying devices

Upper level is where all the power management and item sorting takes place. Lower level is still a work in progress, but it’s a functional item intake and storage area.

Upper level, where all the item sorting and ore/crystal processing takes place. Items generally first hit the 6 Macerators you see to the left, which then feed to Electric Furnaces, which then feed into the sorting system.

It’s all automatic and everything pretty much ends up where it needs to end up. Some items even get pushed downstairs to another storage area.

First level, which is still being overhauled. The chest to the right of the stairs is the central intake chest. It exports anything it receives into a chest upstairs, and also receives from an Ender IO Dimensional Transceiver. At a couple of remote mining operations, I have two other transceivers connected to this one.

This (the lower) area is where I plan to start installing a Forestry and Thermal Expansion device array (and basic power system).

Oh and here’s one of two remote mining operations I have going. IC2 for the mining (and it’s power requirements), Ender IO for moving the items back to base.

This one I deployed at around the 30 mark, so it will stop when it eats through 30 64x64 levels and hits bedrock. There’s a crude Nuclear Power grid, an Advanced Minor, a bunch of chests and, not really visible, the Dimensional Transceiver that sends everything back to base.

Edit: Oh, here’s the reactor arrangement (took a lot of trial and error):

I enjoyed the first time I set up a nuclear reactor but I detested the on/off, holy crap I could blow up my base,kinda feeling.

Big Reactors mod. So very worth it. It adds a new ore, so keep that in mind if you add it now it’ll only be in new chunks. But its all the fun with about 2/3 the complexity and zero danger.

Nice tip, thanks. The nuclear reactor was pretty easy to get going, but you’re right about it. Fortunately the two I have going are pretty far from the main base and once you set them up right, the stability thing tends to not require babysitting. Still, I want to replace it with something better/easier and more aesthetically pleasing so I’ll give Big Reactors a shot (it’s in Resonant Rise).

I’m building Mark II of the above processing facility, with a primary focus on streamlining and boosting power availability and efficiency. This time I won’t distract myself with storage requirements, outside of a simpler intake and output system. Processed goods will be shipped to the original building next door, which will be renovated and redesigned with only storage in mind.

The new building, powered by four separate MFSUs each with a dedicated solar/wind array, will also support some IC2 devices I’m just now starting to learning about: the Recycler , Mass Fabricator , Scanner , Pattern Storage and Replicator .

What it looks like so far. I plan to fill in the roof and add access hatches:

Inside of the new facility:

Temporary basement access to left (sorry). The N, S, E and W power cables each supply individual 32.0 EU/t to tier 1 & 2 devices (Elecrical Furnaces, Macerators, Compressors, Electric Heaters and Blast Furnaces) and the central cable provides 512.0 EU/t to tier 3 & 4 devices (Mass Fabricator, Replicator, Scanner, etc.) devices.

Not shown: the basement, where all the item ore processing sorting magic will happen, isn’t shown here yet.

Edit: Roof and basement update, mainly intended to show the budding ore import/process/export system.

Roof is filled in a bit more.

Inside of the basement. Very early stages. I’m covering Ender IO Item Conduits with Ender IO Conduit Facade pieces , which require an Ender IO Painting Machine. .

How it looks normally, when when you do not have an Ender IO Item Conduit equipped:

How it appears when you do have an Ender IO Item Conduit equipped:

Very convenient way to mask your work while still retaining easy access. The floor, which is sort of cut away at the moment, will be filled in and fixed after everything’s built out.

You should look into the logistics pipes mod. That mod is the core of any factory I build.

Looks like that mod might have been part of Buildcraft at one point in time? Not seeing it in any common modpack listing.

Just wanted to second this. It’s a different take on power generation from your typical IC2/Thermal Expansion/Ender IO 1x1 block machine approach, so it can be fidgety, but it’s fun stringing up power lines and building huge spinning windmills and watermills.

Logisitics pipes needs buildcraft ( I think), but it does seem to be included in a lot of FTB mod packs I have played. It is not always listed though. You can watch a lets play for it to see what it is about. My favorite part about it is the crafting system. You teach it recipies and then it can auto craft on demand items for you. It also has a remote order tool you can carry with you and if you pair it with ender chests / pouches you can just go out anywhere in the world and ask for some item and it will ship it to you if you have one already or craft it if you don’t. It also does a bunch of other things too.

I’ve not used that either. Need to restart a modded Minecraft game … rising.