MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

Stop it, Torre.

I dunno. That’s been kicked around forever, and I for one am for it. I’m usually all for baseball tradition, but extra innings get awfully tedious.

Bah, fie on that.

I want to see position players pitch, dammit.

It’s all fun and games until someone’s right fielder takes a line drive to the skull.

Farewell, Night Train :(

No more “righty-tighty, lefty-Lopez”

On the bright side, Javy will be joining the Giants broadcast team to fill in for Krukow (with Jeremy Affeldt!), who’s cutting back on his travel this season.

I’m kinda bummed about that, too (Krukow), but it’s not unexpected. At least we’ll still have him for ~120 games.

Unsurprisingly, USA Today’s Projected Win Totals suggest a repeat Chicago-Cleveland World Series is in the offing.

Back in 1999, Jeff Loria bought a $12m stake in the Montreal Expos. He leveraged that into a deal to buy the Florida Marlins and sell the Expos so they could be moved to DC.

And today, 18 years later, he apparently has a handshake deal to sell the Fish for $1.6b.

Your tax dollars at work!

I always thought it was kind of strange that the Domino’s Pizza guy sold the Tigers to the Little Caesar’s Pizza guy.

Braves trading for Brandon Phillips and gunning hard to win the 2007 NL East. Maybe they’ll bring Chipper back at this rate.

As good as he once was, I’m not sure that Phillips is the piece that leads to a title anymore. Talk around the Reds was that he might not even be the regular 2B this season.

He wasn’t, they were just dumping him, Braves only paying $1.5mil for him total and gave up two relivers with negative value, PED and injury histories.

Braves are a retirement home this year with Kemp, Phillips, Colon, and Dickey. Adonis Garcia might be that old too.

Yeah - I don’t follow the Braves enough to have noticed the sarcasm in your post :)
Once I saw something yesterday about Colon being with Atlanta this season, I understood. On the other hand, I fully expect Colon to be pitching in the major leagues on the day the sun goes supernova and swallows the earth.

First catch of spring training, and Alex Reyes sure looks like he’s headed for Tommy John surgery.

Over/Under on Cardinals wins just dropped to 75.

and now the intentional walk is going to be a dugout signal. Rule change announced just now.

I’m not a super-traditionalist- I think this is ok. Things can happen on intentional walks- but only once a year. This won’t have much impact- will have more in the National League because you get more walks due to the joke that is pitchers hitting.

Not a fan. If the goal is to speed up the pace of play this does… roughly nothing. It’s a pointless change.

On the one hand, I mostly don’t care.

On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed this editorial on the IBB change.

It’s a quality rant, lemme tell ya.