MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

Just a random aside; Carl Willis has been named pitching coach for Cleveland. Again.

And likely ended up losing game 2 of the next series because of the bullpen guys having that extra workload. Now, of course you do everything in your power to win an elimination game, consequences be damned. But it’s a gamble that has repercussions down the road, especially if your players aren’t used to it.

All we learned from Game 2 is that Dave Roberts is still learning bullpen management, and that home runs in major league baseball are out of control.

I was so close to realizing my dream of seeing a position player pitching in a tie game of a World Series.

I don’t think Dave Roberts did anything wrong. If I recall correctly, when Jansen was used in the second inning, he was up against the 789 hitters in the lineup. Would you rather have had a worse pitcher go up against Altuve and Correa in the eighth?Jansen had a bad/unlucky outing, but Roberts put up his best pitcher against the Astros’ best hitters in a high leverage situation, and stayed with his best pitcher against their worst hitters…pretty defensible.

Nice FB post from Dan Rather in advance of game 3.

The article about Houston that he mentions:
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/77158602/astrodome-played-major-role-in-houstons-integration/

Yuli Gurriel may be getting himself a suspension.

https://twitter.com/CoIIier/status/924077740990623745

Reading his lips, sure looks like he’s saying “Chinito”, which, not cool either.

And the fucking idiot calling out Gurriel calls him a ‘spic’ in a now deleted tweet too.

holy shit. Yeah, doubling down on racist nonsense. Good show.

Be sure to watch the ceremonial first pitch tonight!

Man, this Game 5 is just as bananas as Game 2.

Right now by win probability changes of 25% or more, this game is now the 5th craziest in World Series history. In the 7th inning.

If I rooted for one of these teams I am pretty sure that I would have stroked out by this point.

Ok I’m all in for the juiced ball in the WS theory. Many of these HRs aren’t even close…they’re just gone.

All the goddamn homers!

And now it’s tied again, 12-12. Holy crap, this series…

The most hilarious thing about this game has been all the arguing about the strike zone from the hitters on both sides, and it’s 12-12.

A fair point, absolutely. One key dinger tonight that was a cheapie was Correa’s that made the score 11-8. That was 328 feet, an out in many ballparks.

This game is a Kinsella novella come to life.