MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

Damn, he really deserved a win for this game. Bud Norris thought otherwise!

That really sucks, honestly.

Two of the laziest plays you’ll ever see in ML baseball…and committed by the same player…in the same game! For the second, make sure to watch the 2nd half, where they isolate Sanchez “running” out the ground ball. Would have tied the game (note: I hate the Yankees but also hate my $45 catcher, Sanchez.)

Yeah, of all the lolCardinals moments in this awful season, that was the most lolCardinalsiest.

Also:

Pretty much a procedural move until they decide how many bullpen contracts they want to eat between now and the trade deadline.

We heard you liked rookie pitchers from St. Louis who do things against the Reds while the offense sputters along and doesn’t give much support so the bullpen can come along and piss it away.

So we’ve decided to do it again tonight.

I mean, that’s just the reality of option years, though. Especially for starters, who hopefully have their frequent flier numbers set up with the team’s travel assistants.

Shane Bieber of the Indians sure did a number on my fantasy team last night. -17. Sometimes it so possible to outsmart yourself in fantasy.

Did anyone else see the PBS show on Ted Williams Monday night. Not much new except for his daughter explaining on camera why they froze him. Kinda weird.

My grandfather was a Tiger fan, but he thought Ted Williams was the best player he ever saw.

Yes, not much knew, but that swing is always worth watching.

Lots of deadline action today. Phils get Asdrubal Cabrera for AA RHP Franklyn Kilome. Arizona gets Eduardo Escobar from the Twins for a couple of prospects (I was so excited when I first saw that, as I thought we’d managed to trick someone into taking Alcides Escobar for a couple of beer-soaked seat cushions, but alas, wrong Escobar), and Cole Hamels goes to the Cubs for Eddie Butler and a A-ball pitcher.

Also, the Cards DFA’d Greg Holland, who’s appeared in 32 games and earned 0 saves, and is rocking an ERA approaching 8. How often does a pitcher see his ERA double after leaving Coors Field?

Loved the line given to reporters regarding Holland after he was designated today, likely planted by his agent: “Holland is expected to sign with a contender.”

Response from Cardinals twitter: “Contender for what?”

This would have been much more exciting 5 years ago.

I dunno, I mean if he can get through six innings without 10 walks I’ll take it. (Looking at you, Mr. Chatwood)

Hamels is a nice pickup. Certainly the Cubs didn’t give up a lot to get him, so most of the risk is in assuming the contract numbers.

Biggest concern I’d have is the way Hamels tailed in the last 6 weeks last year. He had a terrible September and last half of August. Likely to be helped, however, by getting into a better environment.

EDIT: and his automatic option won’t vest for 2019, so this is really low risk for the Cubs.

Oh all of that is true, especially the Chatwood part. I’m not saying it’s a bad trade, or one they overpaid for at all. Just… he’s not the dominant force he used to be.

It’s a solid low risk, low reward type trade. One suiatable for the team leading the NL to make. Just one that I got more excited for than was justified, once I had a look at his recent numbers.

Fucking .900 OPS middle infielder and we get a bag of baseballs. FML.

I get it, but fuck a duck. Fuck all the ducks. Good luck, Esco.

The Moose is loose! Is it the KC Brewers or the Milwaukee Royals now?

Brett Phillips and Jorge Lopez are the returns (KC loadin up on Jorges). Not too bad, considering rental values aren’t what they used to be. Anyway, good luck Mike, and may you hang many Moose dongs on the NLC and get another ring!

Chatwood to the 'pen officially, first availability will be Tuesday based on rest.

Man. If TC could ever find even a smidge of command, he might be deadly. In that regard, he really reminds me of another Cub pitcher from days of yore, Matt Clement. When Clement was on, he was about as un-hittable as any pitcher of his era. The problem was that you never knew whether Clement was going to be “on” or not.

Quintana gives up 6 in the 1st inning. Yeah, things look great for Cubs fans. GREAT.

Imagine if Godzilla had to walk around wearing an ID badge smh