Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: monster hunter triumphant

Title Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: monster hunter triumphant
Author Brandon Cackowski-Schnell
Posted in Game diaries
When March 11, 2015

I've played enough games over the years to know that if you come up across something you can't accomplish and that other options exist, maybe you're supposed to do those other things first..

Read the full article

The Gathering Hall quests are tougher because they are intended to be taken on by multiple players. That's why they give you four copies of the map, first aid meds, and other starting supplies.

If you don't like the structure of the game, yeah, it's probably not for you. Unlike Destiny, however, it operates more or less on your own pace. You'll never need to team up for dungeons, or indeed worry about such ridiculously complicated scenarios at all. With the Wycoon, gathering doesn't have to take much of your time. If you like the gameplay, there's a lot here, and it's not pushy about it. It's kind of refreshing in that way.

Also, can I just say how I'm constantly surprised at how much worse the game looks in screenshots? I can't decide if it's the animations or the 3D effect (especially on my New 3DS), but when I'm playing I sometimes marvel at how good it looks for a "mere" 3DS game.

Ugh, you are absolutely correct about the screen shots. Finding good shots was nearly impossible. Every one I queued up made me want to post a disclaimer about how much better the game looks in real life.

"Velocidrome" sounds like the arena where raptors go to race.

I know people have said this before, but MH is nowadays predominantly a multiplayer game - that's where most of the fun is to be had. The single player is just training for the MP. Get online before you decide if this really isn't a game for you!