Monster Hunter World!!!!!

I just discovered last night the longsword I’ve been using for 40 hours has a crazy, flippy spin slash move!

Link to a video of the porcupine hedgehog? First Google result returns this thread.

Just enjoying the game vicariously.

I think it's this

https://youtu.be/s_Wug87PQr4

Yea, that’s the one I am referring to, and assume that’s the same one Nesrie meant.

That does seem satisfying.

That’s the one! Highly satisfying and, like I said, intense, when you’re clearly under equipped like I was.

What have you guys named your Palicos?

Mine is named Meowshuggah, after one of my favorite bands, Meshuggah.

Palico is named Claudia, one of my cats, and looks like her.

I’m Banzai and my Palico is Perfect Tomcat. I tried to give him the proper curly blonde hairstyle, but there are limitations to the game engine.

I made a black cat named Shadow. I already have ideas for the other one I will make a year from now on PC… I spent way too much time making my characters.

Patches. Because I am unimaginative.

Bazelgeuse is the worst

I haven’t directly tangled with him yet, but he showed up right in the middle of an Anjanath+ fight and started carpet bombing the shit out of me. That sucked.

Expect him to party crash a lot.

On the upside, he also likes to troll the extra monsters you’re not fighting. I’ve received a few random “Parts Broken” bonuses from monsters I never even looked at because he beat the crap out of them elsewhere.

Bazelgeuse is amazing. He becomes infinitely more entertaining if every time he shows up, you imagine him yelling in a dorky voice, “HAY GUISE, WERE YOU TRYING TO FIGHT A RATHALOS? HERE LET ME HELP carpet bombs the entire zone NOT ENOUGH OKAY HERE ARE SOME MORE bombs upon bombs OKAY SEEYA LATER!”

The best is when he shows up at the very end of a hunt when you’re trying to carve. He can’t kill you, but he sure can stop you from carving.

He’s like the polar opposite of Tzi-Tzi Yaku (who we all refer to as Tzi-Tzi Bro now) because he just turns up, flashes everything in the zone (including what you’re fighting) then immediately turns around and leaves again. We all got really good at calling out “Tzi-Tzi is here!”, we’d all bolt for positions behind him until he’d flash, then we’d wail on our target. “Thanks bro, later Tzi-Tzi!” We ultimately decided to never kill him again. Any Tzi-Tzi related quests have become capture quests for all time. ;)

Fun fact: shields block literally everything, including the stun flashes.

In terms of fighting the juice, I had a quest to kill two of them, and they just wrecked each other’s faces.

That’s cool. I’ve never played a weapon with a shield, yet. I might mix it up eventually.

The 2h sword can also function as a shield, at the expense of durability. Fantastic weapon for me.

I switched from hammer to lance, just so that I can use the shield. The difference in tactics needed is huge. If each weapon is as different as these two, there’s a whole lot of replayability just by playing through the game with different weapons.