Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Free High Resolution Texture Pack DLC (40GB) available April 4 on PC.

– Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high resolution in-game textures by downloading
this pack as free DLC from the Steam store.
Note: The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of
free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide
more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.

– Added a “TAA+FXAA” option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.

I’ll definitely have to revisit this game with all the updates and DLC that’s planned.

Oh hell yeah.

Nice.

High Resolution Texture Pack is available now.

Needs 70 GB HD space and you need to have 8 GB of video memory minimum on your graphics card.

Wtf? 70gb is beyond all reason.

Well, I think the game forces you to fight the Monsters “honest” a few times before you can craft stuff to circumvent thier tricks and make the grind a bit easier. I Think it makes sense.

I think that’s it exactly.

Yeah it makes sense, but it is backwards from how most games work. The typical approach in most games seems to be to grind the previous content before you have the set, tier, “gear score”, or whatever to take on the next step. It was a little bit of an adjustment for me, but I like it.

Another thing occurred to me, the elder dragons don’t really get fearsome until you encounter the tempered and arch-tempered versions, and that’s when you really need the specific gear.

Exactly.

If I like kill and loot games like Borderlands, Diablo, and the like, will I enjoy this game?

The gameplay is not at all like those other games. You might want to watch a video or two and see the gameplay a bit. It’ s basically that, all the time and it’s fun.

The game went on sale and was given away with video cards too, so price of entry can be pretty low.

Probably, as long as you enjoy third person melee combat as Nesrie said. The structure is similar. People like to do hunts over and over for character and loot progression. The means of addiction might be slightly different since enemies don’t drop random swords and gear. They drop crafting materials instead.

Damn. I don’t have 70 GB free.

It’s more focused as a loot game, in that you pick what you want to make and fight things that let you make it. It’s also much more gameplay intensive. Like a cross between a souls game and a fighting game.

I’ve spent more time with it than any other game I’ve played.

My entire MHW folder is only 50 GB. What appears to be the high-res texture pack file is 30 GB.

Jeez finally.

I’ll probably jump back in briefly around then. I may or may not play the expansion once it’s out on PC in a year or whatever. We’ll see.

I take it there’s no way to access any of the Witcher content without being stuck playing as Geralt?

Monster Hunter World will be joining Xbox’s Game Pass on April 18th, for those that have the console.