Monsters' Den: Godfall - now on Kickstarter!

okay, actually, it’s mostly grammar.

“His last report suggested there are Arachnoid Infestation in the area.” (I know this is dynamically generated but it still looks weird)
I had a bounty for “Witchs” before - same thing.
“Spellcaster and scholar, wielding the strange magics of the Cult. To pierce the void, and call forth its denizens.”

I want to say I saw the word “opent” somewhere, maybe on a description of some undead monster?

But after further review I think I was overly picky because I do side work as an editor.

That’s totally fair. As you say, a lot of it is generated text without the proper safeguards. The Acolyte description is pretty bad though, I’ll fix that.

Succubus is the one that has “upont” on it. Soulcage is also missing a space after the period.

Might be time to jump back into this one, I never got around to playing is at much as I planned:

Like more than a few titles, this one is always digging at the back of my brain as something I really should invest a weekend or two into. Maybe it is time?

Why is it locked at 30hz? Can I run it at my native refresh?

You can’t alter the frame rate cap, sorry. It’s a limitation of the engine.

Also worth mentioning it’s a historic low $7.49 (50% off) on Steam this week. No better time to get hooked on this awesome gem!

Thanks to this thread I bought it.

I appreciate it! If anyone has any questions about the game or runs into any issues please let me know.

Changing engines for the next one? I hear Unity is quite good. :)

I would love to, trust me.

So I started playing this.

The graphics are very old school, gave me a bit of an aow1 vibe, with how they are very clean and simple.

And I think they work rather well.

You have your map, it shows points of interest, you can set destination (which works for the most part) and you have your keep, which feels like a proper keep so far.

Bear in mind I am only lvl 3 and only on my 2nd real dungeon.

I got my cleric all the healing skills, and it has made my life much easier, because I can start a fight at half health and leave with full health.

I am especially liking how loot can be equipped on various soldiers.

I outfitted a powerful crossbow on my ranger and a 2 handed axe on my warrior. They do serious damage.

My mage has disintegrate spell and the one before it that pushes enemies one tile back.

My Ranger can also summon a wolf and a bear, I don’t know if both in the same battle? I’ve only used the bear so far.

Even if it’s just one Summons, that brings my fighting total from 4 to 5, which is a decent jump.

The combat map looks very basic, with 6 tiles each side, a front and back line etc (no manoeuvre room really) but I am actually enjoying it a lot.

The basic gameplay loop of explore a room in a dungeon, kill things, enjoy loot, rinse and repear until dungeon is explored, is so far very appealing.

For the price, absolutely worth it.
edit:

How do I make my party size bigger?

Four is the maximum party size, though it can be augmented by summons and temporary allies.

You can unlock additional parties which will let you increase your overall roster of characters. You need a Writ of Expansion which you can get from the Keep Quartermaster (after upgrading the Keep), the Bounty Office at the Hive or by progressing through the campaign.

UNderstood.

next question:

Where do i find a list of all the classes?

My starting 4 people are prety good, but I am curious to know what else is available.

I don’t want to fire any of my current squad.

A quick google reveals the answer:

These are the ten classes unlockable throughout the game.

MageLord skill trees: Sorcery and Command

• Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the College of Mages

Nemesis skill trees: Archery and Retribution

• Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Clerics of Aristei

UnderBoss skill trees: Blades and Command

• Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Underworld

Blademaster skill trees: Battle and Blades

• Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Merchants Alliance

Enforcer skill trees: Battle and Retribution

• Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Protectorat

Spellwarden skill trees: Sorcery and Battle

• ​​​​​​​ Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Savantine Guard

Scout skill trees: Archery and Trickery

• ​​​​​​​ Unlocked by reaching 500 reputation with the Sentinels

Tracker skill trees: Trickery and Nature

• ​​​​​​​ Unlocked by paying five bounty credits to the Master of Bounties

Ascetic skill trees: Divine and Arcana

• ​​​​​​​ Unlocked by paying 250 influence to help the WildHome settlement (Also unlocks Hermit)

Hermit skill trees: Arcana and Nature

• ​​​​​​​ Unlocked by paying 250 influence to help the WildHome settlement (Also unlocks Ascetic)

What makes this game stand out amount for a turn based tactical dungeon crawler?

Garin is superior to Google.

I’km no expert, because I don’t have that much expoerience of games like this.

What I do like is that it makes me think a bit of Gloomhaven, as in enter dungeon, kill stuff, get sweet loot.

However, I think I am missing something here, because I am 3 months in, have 40,000 gold and really nothing useful to spend it on, as far as I can tell.

I’ve upgraded my Keep as far as I can, having used all my influence points.

And the various merchant and inventory screens are starting to annoy me.

That is a plus for me.

The list Coldsteel posted is correct, except for the three additional classes added as part of this update - Druid (Divine/Nature), Fanatic (Blades/Divine) and Illusionist (Arcana/Trickery). They’re unlocked by completing the campaign missions.

Can you explain why? That’s the part of the game I’m probably proudest of.