Morbius - Jared Leto is a damaged vampire for Sony

He’s not even really a hero. It’s Venom all over again.

Would Sony bring in Wesley Snipes as some sort of Midnight Son to get drive confusion against MCU’s Blade with Mahersala Ali? Like an inverse of Fox and MCU sharing the Maximoff twins based on them being mutants AND Avengers?

It seems very unlikely that Sony has the rights to Blade if Marvel is doing a movie of their own with him.

But it wouldn’t be the first time there was confusion in Marvel-land. Aren’t there two different actors for Quicksilver? One for the FOX X-Men movies and one for a Marvel production?

LOL, Quicksilver is Pietro Maximoff and Scarlet Witch is Wanda Maximoff, hence:

/deactivate comic book nerd mode

Marvel now has the rights to Blade so this is unlikely unless they’ve made a special deal.

I do not like Jared leto.

His joker was garbage

I lump Jake Gyllenhaal, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix all together as the same problematic try-hard method actor for some reason.

In fact, Blade, Morbius, Hannibal King, Ghost Rider (as Dan Ketch) and John Blaze (post Ghostrider), a guy named Caretaker, and a few other randos, and eventually Dr Strange teamed up as the Midnight sons to fight Lilith, the Lilin (the spawn of Lilith), and Zarathos in a sort of crossover dealio. But Midnight Sons didn’t go far after the initial Arc. Blade and Morbius were also Nightstalkers before this (King may have been as well).

Man, this comic book business is complicated.

Think of it like after school activities. On Mondays Blade has Nightstalkers from 5-7, on Tuesdays Midnight Sons until late, on Wednesdays he’s temporarily doing Avengers Canda 6-8 but only for the next 4 weeks, etc.

Super heroes gotta stay busy.

I feel like both Gyllenhaal and Phoenix are much better actors than Leto.

Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler was awesome.

I was sitting here wracking by brain, trying to figure out which X-Men movies Jake Gyllenhaal was in. And then I was like, “Ohhhhhhh!”

That wasn’t Jake Glyllenhaal. It was Alan Cummings.

Read it again:

Cumming. But yeah, not that Nightcrawler, obv.

Marvel was only able to use Quicksilver and Wanda because it wasn’t entirely clear that 20th Century Fox’s licensed rights were exclusive, and Fox didn’t legally dispute it, likely in exchange for some concessions to do the TV mutant shows that were arguably expansions of Fox’s license.

Key point to understanding all the pre-Disney Marvel licensing agreements: they were negotiated between parties with grossly disproportionate bargaining power - Marvel was cash poor and badly lawyered vs. large rich corporations with sophisticated top tier negotiators. So Marvel basically got the minimum possible, and gave away perpetual rights to characters for a few thousand dollars, subject to some reversion rights that were easy to avoid indefinitely. Marvel will never get the Spider-man rights back through its contract, for instance - only through buying Sony or its non-playstation assets (would likely be cheaper than buying only the rights back, amazingly).

Sony has moved Morbius from July 31, 2020, to March 19, 2021.

Blade was also in the Spider Man where they introduced Morbius as I recall. I still remember Blade trying to kill him on top of a church by making him look at the sun.

Everything about Sony/MCU connections remains as murky as ever.

I imagine that’s by design due to contracts, but it does feel like Sony is setting up a Spider-Man villain-verse, and there are a bunch of indications that No Way Home will be the last Spider-Man/MCU tie-in movie for a while.

So perhaps the next Spider-Man movie (potentially without Tom Holland) will be him vs. Vulture, Venom, Morbius, Doc Ock (we know he’s in No Way Home), and some other villains, but not part of the MCU.

Though I’m not super up to speed on the Sinister Six concept.