Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

I meant that i don’t give a crap about his “story”. He and his ilk need to be put down.

Does new Zealand have capital punishment? Because this is the type of case where you use it.

No we do not have capital punishment.

Capital punishment would be too merciful and too “light” for this kind of crime.

Geez, what a shitty thing to wake up to.

About the only bright spot I can find in this mess is that no one has mealy-mouthed what this is – everyone has straight-up called it “terrorism”.

Except the president of the United States, that is.

Awful, just… awful.

Sounds like this is basically a Breivik copycat. Reports suggest his manifest is very similar/inspired by ABB. He also pasted the name of an 11-year old victim from the Stockholm terror attack in 2017 on one of his rifles, and mentions her in his manifest (to the great distress of her parents).

That an elected official can even think of commenting on this with a “…but” is just incredible.

I don’t believe in Hell but I’d certainly want one especially made for people like that.

Good lord, I can’t even understand the thinking behind a statement like that. I don’t see how it can be possible that a politician survives after making it.

Well, Trump was elected. So was Bolsonaro in Brazil. A politician like that surviving and even thriving is sadly a possibility.

The guy was elected by accident, almost everyone else in parliament hates him, and he won’t be back for another term.

The guy says things intentionally to shock and make news, so that he can get name recognition from the true hardcore racists that are around, it’s his only strategy for reelection.

It’s best to just ignore him and hope his vote in the senate never actually matters for legislation.

I find this white right wing anti-immigrant shit insane but from Oz or the USA it’s like double extra-plus insane because those places are robbed by white immigrants from indigines. The mind boggles.

I also no longer identify as white. I’m fucking pink.

Words only go so far, but I am sorry to anyone living in New Zealand or Australia or anyone here touched by this in any way. Very sad.

Yeah, wow, Trump looks like the Pope in terms of empathy compared to that.

Big ups to Washington Post calling this what it is.

Agree, but it’s easy for them to do because it isn’t American white right-wing nuts, it’s foreign white right-wing nuts.

Sure.

My condolences and prayers to any Kiwis and any Muslims here on Qt3. I’m sorry this is a world where something like this happens.

I kind of regret just reading a breakdown of what’s in the livestream video. Jesus.

The numbers support this sentiment.

This is horrid. To our Kiwi contingent, my deepest sympathies.

Trump tweeted out a link to the Breitbart news, and the comments were filled with people celebrating the attack.

Then Trump actually deleted that tweet. Wow.