Motherf#@€ing company of heroes 2

COH was amazing … and then the expansions made it less amazing, so lets hope they recapture the awesome of the core game and less of the bomb all things ftw tactics of the expansions.

I still recall 1.71, the last of the core game patches, it was perfect. The amazing feeling of calling a 2nd Tiger on the field to fubar the enemy, oh and how the AT shells just bounced off their armor in glorious ‘pings’. :)

Great news. I love the snow as dynamic cover and line of sight considerations too. RTS games could really benefit from these little touches that add so much depth.

Holy shit. That’s awesome. I agree though, give me a Homeworld 3 and I will have Relic’s babies…

Thank god they announced! I’ve been keeping this in for a year! GO RELIC!

Woooo! Awesome news. The original DoW and CoH are my two favorite RTS titles of all time.

2013 can’t come soon enough!!! COH2 is REAL!

I am trying very hard not to get my hopes too high with this one. I don’t even want to think how much time I spent with the first one.

it made my year! No doubt now most anticipated game for me!

Please don’t screw this up! CoH was/is amazing fun!

I can’t wait to get an achievement for killing 1000 of my fellow contrymen again!

If they rework their insane patching process, maybe I’ll consider a CoH 2.

I thought THQ was all about the steamworks

Patching was taken care of by Steam.
Relic Online was NOT taken care of by Steam.
I feel no need to log in yet another server just to play offline.

This is a (pleasant) surprise, especially after CoHO was shut down, and after THQ’s financial woes (which are still ongoing).

I’m also glad to hear that CoH2 is hoping to retain the CoH gameplay model instead of going the DoW2 route (which Relic tried out with Tales of Valor).

I have mostly positive feelings about this. Like everyone else, the original game killed base-building RTS for me. That was right around the time the genre turned to shit anyway. So it’ll be nice to enjoy an RTS campaign again. (As long as they don’t go the DoW2/ToV route like Alan mentioned.)

I’d rather not get addicted to multiplayer again. I haven’t touched RTS games in multi since then. On the other hand, now I’m tempted to skip Starcraft 2 entirely and wait for this sequel instead. So I can catch a break there.

Either way I’ll be there day one for the Eastern Front, Relic style – giant tanks and loud explosions. I can’t wait to hear the first artillery barrage in the new engine.

Holy shit yes. I only got about 80% through the original CoH campaign (let alone either of the sequels, which both languish in my Steam backlog), but that still counts as one fuck of a lot more playtime than I ever give most games, and one of the most enjoyable and intense RTS experiences ever.

Also count me in as thrilled for real LOS – that is exactly the kind of basic feature that will really enhance the CoH gameplay. GET IT RIGHT, GUYS! You can totally do it I know you can I know it I know it!!!

Neat. Totally for this. I’ve been contemplating the best way to do any form of real LoS for a TBS game, so I’ll be curious to see how they implement it.

I’m going to ignore how ridiculous these absolute opinions about games sometimes read, and write that - CoH is the only RTS I’ve enjoyed playing multiplayer enough to actually learn to get decent at it.

I think I watched every “Tales of Heroes” episode produced.

Shawn Elliott must be pretty happy right now, Eastern front and everything.

Wake me when the license battle.net for the multiplayer.

I wanted so badly to dedicate my life to play COH but multiplayer was such a headache.

I’m very concerned by the state I (thought, at any rate) THQ was in with their Udraw and sadly underperforming awesome games and cancelled projects and layoffs at Relic and that South Park game they’re hanging onto like grim death.

But CoH (multiplayer, core game) is one of my all time favourites. Played some 2v2 with Qt3/BF folks just last weekend and I still love it.

CoH is the all time best RTS in my opinion. Really looking forward to the sequel.