Motherless Brooklyn

I don’t think we have a thread for this.

Based on a novel by Jonathan Lethem, written, directed, produced and started in by Edward Norton.

I went because I’m a Lethem fan, and I was blown away. This is a gorgeous film. The cinematography is brilliant, the acting is superb, and the writing is pure noir. It all comes together so well! Really really good, I highly recommend it.

Rumor has it he stayed true to his reputation for being notoriously difficult to work with, and the director nearly walked off the film half a dozen times.

The main thing I have is that I’ve noticed film crews shooting footage of various Brooklyn side streets over the summer and I’m curious if it was for this movie.

This is on the short list of movies I’d like to see. Unfortunately, the showtimes and theaters running it are rather limited.

I am interested in this but it appears to be a box office bomb. I looked for times tomorrow night (it’s $5 night at Marcus Theaters) and the showing is at 3:50 pm.

Yeah, it wasn’t advertised well at all.

That’s because they don’t make movies like this any more. It doesn’t even exist.