Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Haven’t had any either, just two hours played.

A fun stat:

Mount & Blade Warband: 1,2GB of free space needed
Mount & Blade Bannerlord: 43GB of free space needed

I’ve had one complete lockup when I was loading in to talk to an NPC, and I found some kind of bug if you try to do the Family Feud quest and you already have a full party you get the guy but can’t complete the quest. But I mean, you could just do this as many times as you run into family feuds because it lets you surpass the companion cap. Oh, and the hilarious and horrifying one where your beard and eyebrows are visible in first person mode. Haha.

Honestly by far my biggest complaint about the game is the lack of different quests. There only appear to be about 8 different ones. The bandit camp one that you have to attack at midnight apparently has only one map. Or at least I got three in a row the exact same.

I never played the original M&B. Sieges are a ton of fun. I’m not exactly sure what exactly it is I’m supposed to be doing. I’ve got about 4 marks of the main quest, am I just supposed to circle the world and finish that ASAP? I’ve also been helping the southern empire who I joined to win a war against the middle eastern faction, but I don’t know how to get a castle or village for myself and don’t think I have enough troops to storm a castle solo. I’ve participated with big armies doing sieges but they are just like “thanks, cya”. So apparently thats not a way to get a castle.

Edited to add: You can tell how invested I am in getting my kids back or whatever.

You’re way ahead of me. I’m at that awkward point where I have 20-30 troops so I’m too strong for looters but not sure what to do.

My plan was to start doing local quests and gain some reputation. Maybe help out some nobles. Without going into a deep explanation that prevents me from discovering the campaign organically, does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Yes. And if you’re going around a lot and you know what cities/villages produce/need, you can also make some money with incidental trading. ;)

Horse combat is so damn good. I love swooping by someone and slashing at their unguarded back.

I have no chivalry.

To couch a lance you need a couchable lance (the lance will say if it can be used in inventory), and then press X after a bit of running

As I learned yesterday while playing, despite the name an Imperial Lance is not a couch-able lance. So make sure it has the attribute listed in the weapon description.

An even bigger success I expected:

imagen

(I will await until 1.0 release :( )

You won’t have to wait long, The current version is 1.0.

Yes although it looks like the prices are dynamic. I ran between cities to try to flip some silver ore and my profit was much less by the time I returned.

Was a dynamic economy in Warband? It’s pretty impressive assuming it works.

That sounds fun, but not as fun as lancing people in the face.

I totally forgot about couching lances. Now I have a new immediate goal.

Also getting a heavier horse that won’t rear up due to a few lowly peasants in its way. I should’ve dumped more into my riding skill at character creation.

@Jason_McMaster is currently streaming this, showing off his couched lance and running away skills:

That’s terrific, good on them. And what an interesting time to be releasing an anticipated game like this. On one hand, so many people are worried about their jobs or have already lost them. On the other, so many are quarantined and have tons of time for video games.

In the eventual Game of Thrones mods, that’s how you play Tyrion :)

I am having alot of fun playing this, but it really is Mount & Blade: Warband 1.5. The core gameplay loop is identical and combat is the same.

It does feel more refined and fleshed out, though. All of the clan management stuff seems new (or am I forgetting?), and the interface is more user-friendly and leads to less wasted time than the original (although there is still wasted time, like why do I have to load the town map to talk to a guy and then load the campaign map?).

The game is very addictive, and I love the sandbox nature of it. I love tournaments and practice fights in the arena.

One Q: I have no idea how to chat to these nobles about the item you get at the start of the campaign. Is there a trick? Whenever I visit the castle noone is there, and I don’t really want to pay 700 gold just to get into a keep to see if there’s anyone relevant in there.

I never played Warband so I’m thrilled at all this.

I paid the 700 to get into the keep, asked some noblewoman about the quest, and she pointed me to some random yahoo that I didn’t follow up with.

Contra Warband, I’ve found that nobles are almost always in the field. I don’t think I’ve yet seen one chilling in a town or a castle.

I’m ok with that. An updated and refined M&B sounds awesome.

Didn’t have much time to play last night, only went through the combat tutorials and checked out the first village. I’m looking forward to diving in this evening.