Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

If you talk to a Shop Worker NPC in a workshop, you can buy that workshop. Talk to a merchant in a city to start a caravan.

Workshops are, in my experience, less money per day, and you’re limited to three of them, but unlike caravans, they can’t be raided and destroyed by bandits, and they seem to cover their own operating expenses from the beginning, unlike caravans.

And these merchants for caravans, they are literally called “merchants”? I talked to an horse trader, weapon and armor smith and none had a caravan option.

I’ve got it installed on an HDD and transitioning from world map to a big city takes about 20-30 seconds which is ridiculous. Seems to me like the last couple patches have actually SLOWED things down rather than optimize. Now, when I load up a tactical battle, for example, I can see troops pop into existence a few at a time. Also, when I load up the loot screen after a battle the items take a second to refresh where their icon is a little swirly loading symbol until the actual item graphic appears…sort of like a slow-loading website. This didn’t happen with the initial release version.

1. The transition screens that annoy me are to enter combat. Talk to looter, click, wait 3 seconds, yeah i’m gonna attack you. Wait for portraits to load. Wait for another menu. Yes i’m sure I want to attack. Wait…

Faster to just have little pop up on the main menu itself. Less immersive maybe.

1. Gameplay balance, XP is way too slow. Seems I can conquer a quarter of the map and my skills are still 60ish at best.

I thought someone said something about that the game rememberd the prices you saw for goods at various places and you could see the comparison if the price is a good deal or not.

I have noticed some prices in red or green sometimes, but for example, at one town I see grain for sale for 13 and its red, yet another place I saw grain for sale for 16. How does this compare thing work? Is there some other tab or UI for trading I am not aware of?

EDIT: Nevermind, it can appear on the tool tip of the item being sold.

And the color of the money must be bugged. In the same merchant there are two items for sale, one of which I can buy a lot cheaper elsewhere and another in which this place has the cheaper price. Both are green.

I binged last night up until QT3 and I was still level 7 after about six hours of play. I would bet they will speed the exp gain rate up a bit.

I’d also like to see more wanderer companions. When I go to the encyclopedia there looks like there are only twenty or so total. The selection is rather limited and a lot of them look like they were stamped with the same cookie cutter. They should also mix up the skill distributions a bit.

I had two attempts at a 40 vs. 40 battle with a caravan. They had horse archers and they pestered us with those while waiting for us to hit the wagon train. By the time we over the hill to see it, we had taken some losses. There in front of us was their inf and archer lines waiting for us. It was ugly.

This game is super fun though. It will be fun to see it develop.

You can buy workshops. It looks like they cost about 13 to 15k. They give you a return income stream. I haven’t done this myself. I can barely keep my men fed. But watching some streamers it looks like a good place to dump excess funds.

It’s the notables in the city (people with the name So-and-So the Something-or-another, in the top bar when you’re at the main city interface).

Yeah, I had talked to them in the first town I was in. None of them had that option. I found another town and I have that option now.

3 workshop limit per city.

Oh, so you can own a lot more than 3 total? 3 per city isn’t a big deal if you can own dozens of them.

GUI Tips:

Use N to track cities. Press the little circle next to town to untrack it.
Blacksmithing Stamina only recovers when resting in a city. Your companions can smith too. Lower left corner, change character.

Did that change? I have one each in three different cities, and it wouldn’t let me buy another one.

(Not that it matters much; this save is going to end soon with my Aserai under the thumb of the massive global Northern Empire.)

If you own the city you can click on Manage city, the 3 slots are visible.

It works fine for me. I manually installed it, did not use Vortex.

I also got Tournament XP to work when installed manually. When installed by vortex it caused me to crash. I’d suggest going into vortex and browsing to the downloaded file (vortex has a right click option to go to the download in their cache thing) and manually copying the folder into modules.

So buying a bunch of horses and just having them in your inventory will improve your overland speed, right?

It depends on what type. Sumter horses won’t help since they just help with inventory weight but just about every other type will increase your speed. You should keep some extra on hand since some troop promotions require horses and even war horses.

If you expand the bottom right panel and watch the party speed you can watch for a change while you buy the horses to make sure it’s working. That works until you have a lot of horses and then the speed grows slowly enough you need to look at the tooltip on the speed to see the increase.

Oh thank goodness. I don’t stand a chance otherwise.