Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Good point on the board games, if they come in to play from a strategic perspective than that is awesome. If they are just there as a distraction than blah!

If they add in changing formation facing manually and put commander battle in native it would be the best.

That replay system looks pretty cool. Any mention of a release date or at least window yet?

More footage: https://youtu.be/ZpkrdMAyCmo

No transitions between outside and building interiors!
Character customization looks good.
Strategic map stuff still looks janky - in a charming way

You guys are totally burying the lede with the boardgames: they’re obviously introducing a magic system to the game. The AI opponent was moving pieces… with his mind.

On a slightly more serious note, I’m so excited for this game.

Yeah, I’d pay good money to play this right now - its amazing to me, that the people who more or less invented Early access, don’t have early access for this title.

Love that they did away with the loading screens when entering buildings in town. Characters are looking good and man they’ve done a great job with the music again. While the strategic map is pretty much the same, I’m more than ok with it as I’ve always enjoyed it. There’s just nothing like chasing down another army or trying to evade a group of enemies on that map.

It looks like the strategic map has added more detail to the visual representations of the settlements. I’m hoping there are more than just the same old, same old villages, cities and castles and that those details are actually useful in telling the prosperity of a settlement and how likely certain quality goods/services are within the settlement.

It seems to have much better sieges, I’m happy.

So still no announced release date? :-(

The release date is - Oh! Did you check out the great music in the last trailer? It’s really good.

They made Arnold and Benedict Cumberbatch in their character creator. Awesome :)

Grrrr…

Speaking of sieges, I really hope they give you a way to push through your guys when they’re all bunched up, and that you can command them better during castle defenses.

Have you ever tried commanding men storming a castle - its a mess I tell you. They dont follow orders at all, but just try to survive and kill!

A blog entry explains some bits of the video
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Looks like all my hopes about the included board games were right on the mark!

“In this tavern, there is a musician playing and a game host in the corner, with whom you can bet money on the custom board games which we have introduced. Each of the game’s six cultures has their own boardgame, originally designed but inspired by real historical games. These can also be played with ladies and lords, as well as other NPCs in the game for role-playing and diplomatic purposes.”

…and I’m reinstalling warband as I type this…

Looks fantastic!

I have nothing else to say but: YAYYYYYY

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57218079.jpg

Yeah I’m excited.