Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

OK cool. Thanks!

Putting points into riding skill will improve maneuverability, acceleration, and top speed. Jousting in the arena can be tricky, especially 1v1 as it can devolve into a turning duel. Oftentimes it’s easier to take out the opponent’s horse first, then deal with the dismounted rider.

EDIT: If jousting just isn’t working, you can also switch to your club (or pick up a weapon from a defeated participant), try to catch your opponent at the wall, and beat him up at close range.

I’m not really interested in multiplayer. I’ve fired it up and played about 30 minutes so far.

Since there is only multiplayer, thats what I’ve looked into. You can currently play two types of MP:
-Skirmish. 6 vs 6 battle
-Captain . 6 vs 6 battle, but every has a retinue of soldiers. The number of soldiers you command, depends on how strong they are. I.e. , lowly peasant archers you have 20 of, but cataphract you have 6 of.

As for combat, I’ve seen the AI fight, and that seems very similar to Warband. Even for my many hundreds of hours, I’m no expert, and don’t do all the fancy stuff others like (Chambering, controlling sword and shield directions fully and so on) so I may be missing something.

The graphics looks nice, and it recognizable as Mount & Blade so I’m still very optimistic.
Also - I know many of the warband mod teams are working on this as well, and thats where I spend most of my gaming anyways, and not in Native, which I found slightly boring in Warband.

An early stat that’s worth investing in is Pathfinding - this speeds up travel on the overland map, and you will be able to catch fleeing parties, and flee from stronger parties. At least in the early game, if a party is pursuing you, they are stronger, so should be handled carefully.

Other things that affect speed are party size, so keep your warband small to start, and whether you have horses. Eventually you’ll be able to recruit companions, and then you can pump their pathfinding skills (it’s a party skill) and use your own points for something useful.

Razgon - Warband was the ‘same’ game as original M&B, and from the videos I’m not expecting much more from Bannerlord. Better graphics and maybe castles with more than one ladder :)

Thanks for the tips. Will put points into it.

Hey - is there like a massive graphics overhaul mod?

Yeah they’re working on one right now. Not sure when it will be done. It’s the topic of this thread. :P

I should say that this is a quality of life tip to make the early game a bit less annoying - nobody wants to spend it in captivity. As you get more savvy about the game mechanics you can discard it…

You probably know about recruits from different villages upgrading into different troops? So Nords upgrade into the best infantry, Vaegirs to the best archers, Swadians give you mounted knights and crossbowmen etc.

What I would like to know, is if in this new game the campaign AI has been greatly improved. I am tired of those follow the marshal quests where can spend literal days standing around doing nothing. Its like, if they do not have a war plan, then the marshal should not be summoning vassals. Aside from the UI, the piss-poor AI is my biggest gripe in warband.

Yeah that was annoying. When you’re a vassal of the King you pretty much have to join the military campaign. Meanwhile you see your fief is getting plundered and burnt. Le sigh.

Learn to use bow on horse, have fun shooting. Weapons need speed, otherwise you do no damage.

Is this the thread for the Mount and Blade sequel? I assume it is, but the title lacking a “2” made me question.

In any case, this is happening.

Your link isn¨t working, and the M&B Twitter hasnt announced anything either.

I think we can assume it’s coming, and PC Gamer jumped the gun a bit.

EDIT: I just realized I had it up in another tab to read later, but must have closed it at some point. Shoot.

I checked up on the state of Bannerlord a couple weeks back and early access had been announced in the Tale Worlds forums for March 2020, so March 31 sounds about right for them. :D

Sorry, I was going to post about it here but I was waiting until March 1 so I could say “Early Access is going to release THIS MONTH!”

Edit: It’s right on the banner in their forums: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php

They actually announced this like last year. In fact, here’s the post in this thread: Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Edit 2: And it was having the game on my Steam wishlist that clued me in, since they put the date there: https://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/Mount__Blade_II_Bannerlord/

oh, I know its in March - we’ve known that for quite some time yes. Today there is going to be an announcement about the early access, so its probably true - I was just pointing out to @Scotch_Lufkin that his link was taken down - not that the date or anything was wrong.

March 31 is indeed the Early Access launch date.

Does anyone know how long they plan on having it in EA?

Most likely another 11 years, give or take.

:D

They spent a good six months patching the last game post-release, so maybe it will be the same but just classified as early access this time round.