Movies that depict a crisis

Hey guys, I’ve have to write a paper on how crises are depicted in movies and frankly, after Fight Club I ran out of ideas. Any kind of crisis is good, be it economical or even personal. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance

In the Bedroom, perhaps? There you have an intimate portrait of a family in crisis.

There are like 4,000,000 disaster movies out there. Actually, there may be more than 4,000,000 of them.

What movie doesn’t show a crisis of some sort?

Watch Seven Days in May, fool.

While I could just agree with Kael that pretty much any story that has a plot will have a crisis, I’m pretty sure we can figure out the intent of Martal’s “help me do my homework, guys” post, so here’s my list of movies I’d like to see somebody work into a paper. For using Qt3 as his own personal thinktank, Martal must post his paper along with his instructor’s comments. It’s important that Martal discuss as many different films cited in this thread as possible in his actual paper.

Falling Down
28 Days Later
Jaws
It’s a Wonderful Life
Swing Kids
The Day After Tomorrow
Cloverfield
Some Like it Hot
American Beauty
The Sound of Music

What is the one where Beethoven’s dogwife had way too many puppies

I have decided, in the spirit of the season, to further help Martal out by writing the introduction to this essay for him. Hopefully others can help out by posting alternate essay introductions or even entire essays for Martal to choose from.

Have you ever wondered about how crises are depicted in movies? If so, read on! In this paper I will discuss how crises are portrayed in movies. Movies can portray many kinds of crisis, be it economical or even personal. In my opinion, Fight Club has the best crisis depiction of any move, by far. There are many other movies that depict crises too.

Do the paper on Deep Throat, since her crisis is that her anatomy is messed up. ;)

If you want an international crisis, you could try “Thirteen Days” which is on the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Ditto! Maybe Serpico, Dr. Strangelove and Dog Day Afternoon as well.

For an example of how not to depict one, Revenge of the Sith.

Children of Men

The Year Without a Santa Claus

The Big Lebowski!

Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo

Pi

Planet of the Apes (2001). Why else would Tim Roth-Ape need to declare martial law, if there wasn’t a crisis depicted?

Either you have only seen one movie or this is a joke.

Seriously, Fight Club is the only thing you could come up with?