Movies You Feel Horrible About Loving

And that makes you feel bad for liking it?

No, not really because of that. It’s more that I’m embarrassed by all the hate it gets.

I actually just rewatched it, and wanted to talk about it somewhere without necroing an old thread. I was thinking of writing up an article and sending to a friend of mine.

Hackers.

Waterworld was an ok movie, it was legendary as an overpriced flop rather than a terrible film.

How dare you. 1776 is awesome in every way.

I actually really, really love The Fifth Element.

Why would like The Fifth Element make you feel horrible? Even if you don’t think it’s brilliant (I do), there’s nothing objectionable in it.

Who doesn’t?

Wow, really? Not a single friend or family member in real life likes this movie at all, and one of my college buddies is still mad I mad him go see it in theatres with me (my second viewing out of three in the theatre). I just assumed people hated it?

Well, different strokes and all that. My wife and I love it and I’m pretty sure most (it not all) of our circle of friends likes it … I dunno! It’s a good movie, IMO.

Well, I certainly agree! But I guess I actually DON’T feel horrible about loving TFE, now that I think about it, so maybe that was a bad example to begin with.

What movie do I love but I feel horrible for loving it? I don’t think I feel bad about enjoying any movie, now that I think about it, let alone horrible…

At most, that would make it a guilty pleasure. Is there some moral issue you have with liking The Fifth Element?

Nope. See the post I made just above yours! :)

I don’t mind Titanic, but there are so many people I know that refuse to watch any Leonardo Dicaprio movies because of it, even when they haven’t seen Titanic.

This is the most misunderstood thread.

Always

Not sure why…and yes I am tossing in my man card.

sigh

I like Always, always have. Saw it as a kid and cried a lot.

Yeah. We already have a guilty-pleasure thread (or two), guys!

This is the thread where you’re all “Man, say what you will about the commentary on gender relations in post-war America, but I Spit On Your Grave was just plain enthralling,” not “Cobra, lol, amirite?”

I like Sin City and Happiness, there, do I fit in now?

Sure!

And I love Requiem for a Dream. Well, love is a strong word… Like, perhaps. Respect, certainly.