Multi-platform Game Comparisons - Console Wars Redux

That’s my point, especially when trying to make things as as seamless as possible for family or multiple people interacting with a console.

So you have charging cables right next to your couch, but think the AA battery charger is located ‘somewhere else in the house’?

Neither do I, honestly. If I neglected to plug something in I can easily plug in and keep playing in far less time than it takes to swap batteries. I don’t even need to wake the controller again if I pay attention to the low battery warning and just plug in then. What you do have to worry about is making sure batteries make it back into the charger.

It’s way easier to have usb cables snaking up from the outlet to my table than it would be to have a battery charger in the same place. They’re much bulkier and mostly designed to be directly plugged into a wall outlet. Besides, they’re by definition multi-purpose and more likely to be setup centrally located for everyone in a household to access at need. The one we have is in the kitchen, for example.

Is your battery charger within reach of where you sit while playing?

This reinforces that it’s just what you’re used to, and set up for. I don’t like loose cables hanging anywhere; the plugs behind my end table house the battery charger (hidden largely by the table, but easily accessible) because the room is multi purpose, so the batteries work in multiple remotes, and a wireless charger that’s on the table (and matches the color of the table).

What you’re describing works well for you, definitely! I think it shows that neither is more or less convenient than the other in general. But per person one style may be more or less convenient for them.

That’s the most convoluted and goth-looking masturbation chamber I’ve ever seen.

Notice how the tube of lube and the battery charger are in the most convenient accessible location. ;-)

Is it reasonable to post an image to the “I really hate this guy” thread if it doesn’t, technically, include, like. . . a guy?

That’s been my point from the beginning. It’s why I bristle any time people try to argue rechargeables are objectively more convenient. The same is true of the argument about analog stick placement. It’s always a lot of post-hoc justifications of a preference presented as a priori logic.

Right. That’s fine. Then we agree that providing both options to people is better than locking them into only one option. Glad that’s settled finally. Point well made.

Well the part about analog sticks can’t be true because it’s objective fact that the N64 controller had the worst placement. I mean come on

If it didn’t cost $30 extra, sure.

Seems like a pretty big win for XSX - if the game runs well and looks good. The game is included in Xbox Game Pass as well.

This is still the game running in backwards compatibility mode. They don’t mention the non-performance mode on PS5, but reportedly that already runs at a full 4K locked at 30. Upping the resolution to a fixed 1200p on the performance mode is a weird choice when the XSX will be wavering above and below that.

There is no performance mode playing on PS5 I think, it’s just the one mode, it’s an odd patch.

Meh. I played through it on XSX when it hit GP. It was plenty pretty. The only thing that was bad was the load times, and it doesn’t look like those are affected.

There was yesterday. Seems like the patch removed it on PS5, at least.

Rumor that FInal Fantasy 7 Remake will come to PS5… and PC.

https://apple.news/AnNX3Z3wUSa2HBLULRXtP2g

This makes sense since I just bought it in the PlayStation holiday sale.

It ain’t gonna be $30 when it arrives on PS5 and PC but they might give you a free or cheap upgrade on PS5 if you own it on PS4

Series X showing some muscle in Hitman 3.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-hitman-3-has-a-4k-resolution-advantage-on-xbox-series-x