My Hard Drives are a mess. Help!

I’m trying to clean things up. I think Disk 9 (E: Drive) used to be my Win11 boot primary HD which is maybe why it has 3 partitions. There’s no option to delete or resize them. I’ve also got unallocated on other drives.

I’m putting in a new drive so I can get rid of those super old (tiny) SATA drives. Drives H: and K:. Speaking of which. Why isn’t my K: drive showing up in the bottom list?

I’d like Disk 9 (E:) to look like Disk 8 (D:) “Should” I be able to do that without re-formatting?

Note the 3 TB drive (Disk 1 - L:) is just an older mechanical drive I use for backup.

That bottom list is scrollable.

Use the diskpart command in console to select the disk and type “clean”.
Be sure you have nothing of value on that disk, as it will completely delete all partitions on it.
Be extra sure you select the correct disk.

• It did scroll down this time (wouldn’t before). Yea!

• Excellent on the instructions. Thanks!

• If I change one of my Steam drives to another drive letter… will Steam figure it out for all the games in that drive?

• On the original image it looks like it can scroll up once (to the missing disk 0).
  • To be more specific:
    Start > run > diskpart > select disk 9 > clean
    That allows you to recreate the disk as a single partition. You can do it in disk management after cleaning.
  • No idea, sorry.

OK thanks! :)

Steam is pretty good with library stuff these days, but you may need to prod it. If you’re moving games, you just need to create a new library in any given disk. If you’re reinstalling Steam itself, it should pick up installed games as long as the file structure is already set up in that manner.

Got it done. Txs!!!