N64 Classic edition?

Screw the NES and SNES which are trivially and excellently emulate-able with 100% accuracy on every tiny cheap $30 computer known to man – a N64 is far more interesting!

• unique hard to clone controller, check
  • not currently emulated with full speed and accuracy even on a Pi 3, check
  • real 32-bit 1996 SGI 3D not the same old 8/16-bit 1986 2D lameness, check
  • 4 player capability, check

Color me … interested!

I would buy this instantly if it came with Wave Race. Don’t even care if there is another title.

I love the look of the crisp look of the games running at higher resolutions with the limitations removed. If this emulates the original goopy look, which will then be upscaled by your tv…

Hmm, I dunno. Textures are so very low resolution that high res does not look that hot.

But many of the best have already seen upscale remasters, particularly for the DS.

So the question would be: would you use the original, or the improved? More than any other console I think these early 3D systems make this relevant.

I’d be interested in it for all the reasons Wumpus listed, but I don’t see this happening for all those same reasons. Weren’t the NES and SNES classic just emulators embedded on some solid storage? I am genuinely asking, as I have no idea what the innards of those toys were constituted of.
I wouldn’t be interested at all in any remakes either, but Nintendo isn’t interested in what I am interested.